NEED SOME INPUT (gender, race, and age?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MOOSE4PRESIDENT

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
OLYMPIA , WA
Hey there, My name is Jason and this is MOOSE. I rescued him from petco two years ago.He lives with me and my wife and has his own room.
I was wondering if he was male or female. And what his age is. The guy when we got him said male and he was about 4 years old. He was 4inches when we got him and he is 8 inches right now. The pyramiding was there when we got him but i dont thinks its to bad.

One last thing do you guys think he is northern or southern?

Thanks for the help!!

MOOSE4PRESIDENT

5 Year Member
OLYMPIA , WA
RE: NEED SOME INPUT

SORRY! IT MUST NOT OF LOADED UP. I WILL TRY AGAIN.

Attachments

• DSCN1835.JPG
    DSCN1835.JPG
    661.9 KB · Views: 68

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth

Welcome

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Nebraska

She's a Northern. Age is harder, but for our purposes, we can guesstimate about 8 years old.

(I'm 100% confident on the race, 90% on the gender, and 50% on the age.)

MOOSE4PRESIDENT

5 Year Member
OLYMPIA , WA

Madkins007 said:
She's a Northern. Age is harder, but for our purposes, we can guesstimate about 8 years old.

THANKS FOR THE HELP! TURNS OUT HE WAS A SHE BUT ALL IN ALL WE STILL LOVE HER! I THOUGHT NORTHERN BUT WASNT SURE.

MOOSE4PRESIDENT

5 Year Member
OLYMPIA , WA
I KEEP TRYING TO UPLOAD MULTIPLE PHOTOS BUT IT DOSNT SEEM TO BE WORKING BUT THIS IS MOOSE AND SHE AND I ARE GREATFULL FOR THE HELP.

MY WIFE WAS ALITTLE DISAPOINTED AS SHE HAS BEEN THINKING THAT WE WERE GOING TO HAVE A BIG MALE BUT I THINK SHE WILL LIKE HAVING ANOTHER GIRL IN THE HOUSE....LOL!

Attachments

• DSCN1830.JPG
    DSCN1830.JPG
    392 KB · Views: 60

MOOSE4PRESIDENT

5 Year Member
OLYMPIA , WA

Madkins007 said:

IS THERE ANYWAY TO TELL WHAT PART UP NORTH SHE IS FROM?

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Nebraska
Moose, you need to learn how to turn off caps lock. Talking on a forum in caps is considered the same as yelling.

You can kind of guess more specific locations based on colors, but I don't have the experience to do that.

MOOSE4PRESIDENT

5 Year Member
OLYMPIA , WA
:
Madkins007 said:
Moose, you need to learn how to turn off caps lock. Talking on a forum in caps is considered the same as yelling.

You can kind of guess more specific locations based on colors, but I don't have the experience to do that.

Sorry, didnt mean to do that, kinda new at talking on fourms.:( Lesson learned for next post.

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Nebraska
No biggie- a lot of people do it until someone points out how they are being perceived.

And, now you know how to YELL AT SOMEONE when you want to make a point!

Floof

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Hi, Jason, welcome to the forum! How cool to see another person from around here. I live just up the freeway from you. I LOVE the Olympia area. (And I swear it's only partly because Lacey has the best Thai food and teriyaki around!!)

Moose is very pretty! I actually thought she was male from the picture, but then I haven't exactly sexed many (any) Redfoots, lol! It seems female Redfoots have proportionately bigger tails than the Russians I'm used to sexing... Anyway, I'm sure Mark's very educated guess is the right one. :)

MOOSE4PRESIDENT

5 Year Member
OLYMPIA , WA
Floof said:
Hi, Jason, welcome to the forum! How cool to see another person from around here. I live just up the freeway from you. I LOVE the Olympia area. (And I swear it's only partly because Lacey has the best Thai food and teriyaki around!!)

Moose is very pretty! I actually thought she was male from the picture, but then I haven't exactly sexed many (any) Redfoots, lol! It seems female Redfoots have proportionately bigger tails than the Russians I'm used to sexing... Anyway, I'm sure Mark's very educated guess is the right one. :)

Yea she is great! It threw us for a loop because we are so used to him being a boy for the last two years. But she actually responds more now when we call her honey or sweet heart. Instead of buddy or guy. Kinda weird.

cdmay

10 Year Member!
Somewhere in Florida
Moose is a gurl for sure and like was already said, likely from one of the northern populations.

Status
Not open for further replies.