Need suggestion for enclosure modification

Status
Not open for further replies.

LRBailey

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Traverse City, MI
So, I cut out the top along the red line which proved to be more difficult than I expected. lol I don't own a jigsaw, and my saber saw blade was too short to get in-between the ridges. I tried an exacto knife but that wouldn't do either. I ended up using a sharp sushi knife (which will now need to be re-sharpened.) I was unable to find the hardware cloth that you had pictured, but I did get some fine screening. It worked out pretty good. For right now, the box is on the floor, and when I leave I have an x-pen meant to be used as a portable dog yard that I can put up around it. I do plan on getting it up on a table soon though.
Here is how it turned out:

IMG_1148.jpg

IMG_1144.jpg

The ends also serve as hides in a way as they still are covered by part of the lid. So far Simon and Garfunkel seem to like their new home. :)

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
LRBailey said:
So, I cut out the top along the red line which proved to be more difficult than I expected. lol I don't own a jigsaw, and my saber saw blade was too short to get in-between the ridges. I tried an exacto knife but that wouldn't do either. I ended up using a sharp sushi knife (which will now need to be re-sharpened.) I was unable to find the hardware cloth that you had pictured, but I did get some fine screening. It worked out pretty good. For right now, the box is on the floor, and when I leave I have an x-pen meant to be used as a portable dog yard that I can put up around it. I do plan on getting it up on a table soon though.

IMG_1148.jpg

IMG_1144.jpg

The ends also serve as hides in a way as they still are covered by part of the lid. So far Simon and Garfunkel seem to like their new home. :)

Turned out pretty snazzy! :cool:

Alan RF

5 Year Member
United Kingdom
LRBailey said:

It looks fabulous! Wow I want one!

LRBailey

5 Year Member
Traverse City, MI
I'm happy with it, and so are the torts. It's like a little tortoise castle. :D Maybe I need to mount mini flags on the ends

MyMango

5 Year Member
Hi,
I can't figure out how you attached the screen so it would safely stay in place. Could you share how you did that? Thanks.

LRBailey

5 Year Member
Traverse City, MI
I simply taped it in place with Gorilla Tape, which seems to be holding up fine for now. I considered using a hot glue gun and gluing it on that way, which if the current method fails is what I would go to next

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
Love the mini flags idea! It looks great :)

I thought that pug in the picture was real at first, but surely there can't be other dogs that sit like my dog Carl. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.