Need suggestions for tortoise enclosure

whatsup-dude

Location (City and/or State)
Ca
Hey all, so I recently bought my tortoise an enclosure and it’s not working well. I’m getting rid of it as it can’t hold any humidity and I was wondering if anyone has a suggestion for a new enclosure? I know glass terrariums don’t work, and this wooden one lets out all the heat and humidity. Help pls!

Attachments

• B57698F8-8D49-489E-85FF-378740B8B819.jpeg
    B57698F8-8D49-489E-85FF-378740B8B819.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 9

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hey all, so I recently bought my tortoise an enclosure and it’s not working well. I’m getting rid of it as it can’t hold any humidity and I was wondering if anyone has a suggestion for a new enclosure? I know glass terrariums don’t work, and this wooden one lets out all the heat and humidity. Help pls!
Contact @Markw84 for the best enclosure you can get. Animal Plastics makes great enclosures if you don't mind waiting the better part of a year to get it.

You need a closed chamber. I think there are lots of people making them now, but I have first hand experience with the above two.

Sarah2020

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
London, UK
Depending on youR budget there are options. I have a wood vivarium with sliding front glass which I have to tape along as speedy grows bigger and sees out! I also took off the backpanel and extended it. 8 x 4 is minimum size. With what you have, you could look at a tent set up to get you started seeing as you have had the outlay. I am sure you will get responses. I suggest you search enclosure on this forum and see if you get inspiration.

whatsup-dude

Ca
Depending on youR budget there are options. I have a wood vivarium with sliding front glass which I have to tape along as speedy grows bigger and sees out! I also took off the backpanel and extended it. 8 x 4 is minimum size. With what you have, you could look at a tent set up to get you started seeing as you have had the outlay. I am sure you will get responses. I suggest you search enclosure on this forum and see if you get inspiration.
I’m willing to spend a decent amount as I want him to be as comfortable as possible. every time I google for it I get these types

Sarah2020

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
London, UK
I’m willing to spend a decent amount as I want him to be as comfortable as possible. every time I google for it I get these types
Please follow Tom's advice and speak to Mark to check options.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
If you want the best, and can spend a couple 2-3 hundred then the ones Mark sells would be the way to go. Keep in mind the enclosure will only last a couple years as I believe you have a sulcata in there.
Otherwise if you want a cheaper route, look into pop up portable green houses.