New African Sulcata 2 years old

Littleredfootbigredheart

Location (City and/or State)
UK
Here is what I was able to find not all are available I tried to go exactly where it looked like you took the screen shot from but not all are available here. I did find the Arcadia kit but it’s a little different than what you showed percentages etc
The UV you’ve attached here is 14%, you want the 12% option. Hopefully Tom will get back to us on the other monitors, that last one you’ve added in the zoo med brand looks good though!

As for the orchid bark, again perhaps another US member can point you in the right direction. Have you tried typing in ‘orchid fir bark reptile substrate’?

Littleredfootbigredheart

UK
Try typing that in and feel free to send me screenshots of what you find, I’ll try looking into the listings for you, sometimes they don’t come up for me depending on brands because of location.
If you can see in the small print it’s 100% orchid fir bark, with no other media’s added, it should be fine🙂

Ah I see, again perhaps type into Google ‘Arcadia proT5 kit 12%’ it should hopefully come up, it might be listed elsewhere from Amazon for you

Littleredfootbigredheart

UK
Just a heads up you won’t need both the zoo med and Arcadia uv, just one of either option, I only recommended arcadia personally because I’ve got experience with it, but I know for a fact the zoo med will work for you too🙂

MandyV

Houston, Texas
Here are two I found also how much do I need?

Attachments

• IMG_1140.png
    IMG_1140.png
    817.3 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_1139.png
    IMG_1139.png
    320.8 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_1134.png
    IMG_1134.png
    257.3 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_1137.png
    IMG_1137.png
    127 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_1138.png
    IMG_1138.png
    114.7 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_1135.png
    IMG_1135.png
    507.8 KB · Views: 1

Littleredfootbigredheart

UK
Here are two I found also how much do I need?
Those are all fine, I can’t say exactly how much you’ll need, but it personally takes us over 140L to fill our set up😬 we buy bulk bags. See if you can find if those brands do 60/70l bags for you, you’ll probably need a couple. If not I’m hoping another member from the US can chime in for what they use over there, I’ve seen many say they go to garden centres and look for big bags of orchid fir bark, again just read the description on the back to make sure it’s safe🙂

MandyV

Houston, Texas
Try typing that in and feel free to send me screenshots of what you find, I’ll try looking into the listings for you, sometimes they don’t come up for me depending on brands because of location.
If you can see in the small print it’s 100% orchid fir bark, with no other media’s added, it should be fine🙂

Ah I see, again perhaps type into Google ‘Arcadia proT5 kit 12%’ it should hopefully come up, it might be listed elsewhere from Amazon for you
I was able to find this one

Attachments

• IMG_1142.png
    IMG_1142.png
    527 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_1143.png
    IMG_1143.png
    84.1 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_1144.png
    IMG_1144.png
    77.8 KB · Views: 1

MandyV

Houston, Texas
Those are all fine, I can’t say exactly how much you’ll need, but it personally takes us over 140L to fill our set up😬 we buy bulk bags. See if you can find if those brands do 60/70l bags for you, you’ll probably need a couple. If not I’m hoping another member from the US can chime in for what they use over there, I’ve seen many say they go to garden centres and look for big bags of orchid fir bark, again just read the description on the back to make sure it’s safe🙂
Ok got it

Littleredfootbigredheart

UK
I’m going to tag @Alex and the Redfoot too because he’s so much better with the technical side of set ups than me, he might be able to suggest a thermostat/monitors for you and is just generally SO helpful advising on set ups😊

Don’t worry if there’s delays in responses though cause they’re all different time zones, it may delay you ordering some of the stuff, but rest assured your tortoise isn’t in a deadly situation, it’s more that staying in that set up long term won’t do them any good, but it’s better we take our time here making sure you’re getting all the right stuff🙂

MandyV

Houston, Texas
I’m going to tag @Alex and the Redfoot too because he’s so much better with the technical side of set ups than me, he might be able to suggest a thermostat/monitors for you and is just generally SO helpful advising on set ups😊

Don’t worry if there’s delays in responses though cause they’re all different time zones, it may delay you ordering some of the stuff, but rest assured your tortoise isn’t in a deadly situation, it’s more that staying in that set up long term won’t do them any good, but it’s better we take our time here making sure you’re getting all the right stuff🙂
Ok thank you for that I was starting to panic a little. I would much rather take my time and get it right if she isn’t in any danger I can absolutely wait to do it right.

MandyV

Houston, Texas
I found this one

Attachments

• IMG_1145.png
    IMG_1145.png
    470.2 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_1146.png
    IMG_1146.png
    173.9 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_1147.png
    IMG_1147.png
    207.2 KB · Views: 1

Littleredfootbigredheart

UK
Ok thank you for that I was starting to panic a little. I would much rather take my time and get it right if she isn’t in any danger I can absolutely wait to do it right.
Bless you, don’t worry I don’t want you panicking and scrambling to buy everything all at once if some of it won’t do, I’m sorry I can’t advise on all the different brands you’ve included, it’s purely a location issue in that we have different things listed very differently from continent to continent lol. But hopefully we’ll get some more input soon😊

Definitely get your temp gun ordered, that’ll be really good to check your temps, temperature is most important. If your temps are ok, a few more weeks in the current set up whilst you sort things won’t do any major harm🙂

Littleredfootbigredheart

UK
I found this one
The measurements of this look ideal! The only issue I’m potentially seeing, its it appears to have a middle divider thing you have to screw into the middle for the structure of the base, which would be a problem for your guy to navigate around. However I’m wondering if it could be modified in some way or if you could get away with no including that divider at all.
I’d suggest having a further look to see if you can get one with those measurements without that middle bit to screw in, but failing that this could possibly work for you with some adjustments🙂