New Aldabra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerry7777

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
OKLAHOMA
I have thought about adding a humid box but just haven't done it yet. The heavy misting has been ok so far, this way it dries out a little and it always stays moist on the bottom where shes lays anyway.

i have read mixed reviews about them, especially the dual temp/humid one. I'll probably just go with whatever i can find at Petco or Petsmart for now. thanks Greg
Any thoughts on the whole humid box vs. misting topic?

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
Jerry7777 said:
I have thought about adding a humid box but just haven't done it yet. The heavy misting has been ok so far, this way it dries out a little and it always stays moist on the bottom where shes lays anyway.

i have read mixed reviews about them, especially the dual temp/humid one. I'll probably just go with whatever i can find at Petco or Petsmart for now. thanks Greg
Any thoughts on the whole humid box vs. misting topic?

:shy: That is something we have very little experience with. We do house our hatchlings inside at night, however ours are outside during the day. Florida has good humidity and ours seem to develop good this way.

atkpd1.jpg

Jerry7777

5 Year Member
OKLAHOMA
I was almost sure that would be your answer!:rolleyes: I think i'll just keep doing it the way i have until i feel a change is necessary. Not all of us are lucky enough to live in the nearly perfect Aldabra climate of Florida!!! It is ridiculously humid there especially in August which is the only month that i've ever been there in..... 3 times! Just giving you a hard time, if i ever win the lottery i'll be right there with you!:D

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
Jerry7777 said:
I was almost sure that would be your answer!:rolleyes: I think i'll just keep doing it the way i have until i feel a change is necessary. Not all of us are lucky enough to live in the nearly perfect Aldabra climate of Florida!!! It is ridiculously humid there especially in August which is the only month that i've ever been there in..... 3 times! Just giving you a hard time, if i ever win the lottery i'll be right there with you!:D

:) I got you, it is an edge for sure. Even the humidity in our house is usually in the 50 to 60 percent range.

:D Please keep the pictures and progress coming so all can enjoy your experience.

Jerry7777

5 Year Member
OKLAHOMA
The temp.made it to 76 today so she got to make her first trip outside! I think she enjoyed it:)

DSC_0440.jpg

DSC_0471.jpg

DSC_0457.jpg

DSC_0385.jpg

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Love it. Great pics. She looks like she is smiling:rolleyes: the little fly really likes her too. Good luck with her. I am hoping to get one some day. Keep the pics coming.

Jerry7777

5 Year Member
OKLAHOMA
wellington said:
Love it. Great pics. She looks like she is smiling:rolleyes: the little fly really likes her too. Good luck with her. I am hoping to get one some day. Keep the pics coming.

Thanks all. I was wondering if anyone would notice the little fly, Good eye on that one!

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
Jerry7777 said:
wellington said:

Thanks all. I was wondering if anyone would notice the little fly, Good eye on that one!

:) Looked like an ant to me.

Baoh

10 Year Member!
Florida
Cute little guy/gal. I like several of the shots, including the one with the aphid on its head. I can see the nuchal scute. It is just thin and tiny. It will become somewhat more prominent as the animal grows, of course. Enjoy your little buddy. I am very fond of mine.

DanaLachney

5 Year Member
I'm in love :D beautiful baby :D Hubby would probably FREAK OUT if I bought an Aldabra I've been trying to sweet talk him into it but no bites so far ;)

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
DanaLachney said:
I'm in love :D beautiful baby :D Hubby would probably FREAK OUT if I bought an Aldabra I've been trying to sweet talk him into it but no bites so far ;)

If I could figure out cheap outdoor heating in winter. I will be getting mine. When I told my hubby I wanted one and showed him pics of my fav CC that ALDABRAMAN had, he didn't say anything, just kind of hmm. Well if you don't say no, well than any other kind of a response means yes to me:p:D

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
Baoh said:
Cute little guy/gal. I like several of the shots, including the one with the aphid on its head. I can see the nuchal scute. It is just thin and tiny. It will become somewhat more prominent as the animal grows, of course. Enjoy your little buddy. I am very fond of mine.

I see it now also, Congrats. Fine looking aldabra hatchling, well...Perfect! :D

wellington said:
DanaLachney said:

If I could figure out cheap outdoor heating in winter. I will be getting mine. When I told my hubby I wanted one and showed him pics of my fav CC that ALDABRAMAN had, he didn't say anything, just kind of hmm. Well if you don't say no, well than any other kind of a response means yes to me:p:D

She hooked you! :)

DanaLachney

5 Year Member
wellington said:

All my hubby said was he didn't want a yard full of "turtles" (he doesn't get that they are tortoises) :rolls eyes: but what he DIDN'T say was I couldn't have a yard full of a BIG "turtle" (tortoise to the ones who know better) :p that being said he already knows I plan to get a Sulcata in the future once I get more experience with my Dalmatian Hermann's (when I get them) :D :D

Status
Not open for further replies.