New Aldabra

Status
Not open for further replies.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Just say nothing. Get the TORTOISES. When he says, "I said I didn't want a yard full of TURTLES" you say, " We don't have a yard full of turtles. I wouldn't go behind your back and do that. We have a yard of TORTOISES":p:D

ALDABRAMAN, she really did.:D

quote='DanaLachney' pid='405465' dateline='1330111902']
wellington said:
If I could figure out cheap outdoor heating in winter. I will be getting mine. When I told my hubby I wanted one and showed him pics of my fav CC that ALDABRAMAN had, he didn't say anything, just kind of hmm. Well if you don't say no, well than any other kind of a response means yes to me:p:D

All my hubby said was he didn't want a yard full of "turtles" (he doesn't get that they are tortoises) :rolls eyes: but what he DIDN'T say was I couldn't have a yard full of a BIG "turtle" (tortoise to the ones who know better) :p that being said he already knows I plan to get a Sulcata in the future once I get more experience with my Dalmatian Hermann's (when I get them) :D :D
[/quote]

DanaLachney

5 Year Member
wellington said:
Just say nothing. Get the TORTOISES. When he says, "I said I didn't want a yard full of TURTLES" you say, " We don't have a yard full of turtles. I wouldn't go behind your back and do that. We have a yard of TORTOISES":p:D

All my hubby said was he didn't want a yard full of "turtles" (he doesn't get that they are tortoises) :rolls eyes: but what he DIDN'T say was I couldn't have a yard full of a BIG "turtle" (tortoise to the ones who know better) :p that being said he already knows I plan to get a Sulcata in the future once I get more experience with my Dalmatian Hermann's (when I get them) :D :D

[/QUOTE]

Ha I already thought about that little loop hole :D my problem is they're all so darn cute I want one of each kind not just one certain breed I WANT THEM ALL :p

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
DanaLachney said:
wellington said:

DITTO

Ha I already thought about that little loop hole :D my problem is they're all so darn cute I want one of each kind not just one certain breed I WANT THEM ALL :p
[/quote]

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
wellington said:

wellington said:
If I could figure out cheap outdoor heating in winter. I will be getting mine. When I told my hubby I wanted one and showed him pics of my fav CC that ALDABRAMAN had, he didn't say anything, just kind of hmm. Well if you don't say no, well than any other kind of a response means yes to me:p:D

[/quote]

:)

Jerry7777

5 Year Member
OKLAHOMA
Baoh said:
Cute little guy/gal. I like several of the shots, including the one with the aphid on its head. I can see the nuchal scute. It is just thin and tiny. It will become somewhat more prominent as the animal grows, of course. Enjoy your little buddy. I am very fond of mine.

Thank you. Yes the nuchal scute is there it's just so tiny still.

Jerry7777

5 Year Member
OKLAHOMA
New pics from tonight
On the scales again 75g at 3 weeks
DSC_0497.jpg

DSC_0509.jpg

DSC_0505.jpg

Some shell growth starting to show
DSC_0503.jpg

DSC_0512.jpg

Tiny Aldabra bottom!
DSC_0501.jpg

Jerry7777

5 Year Member
OKLAHOMA
New pics from tonight
1 month and 2 days from hatch date
88 grams and growing!
DSC_0543.jpg

She enjoys her spring mix:)
DSC_0544.jpg

DSC_0555.jpg

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Looking good. Did you name her yet? I love the last pic, almost like she got caught:D

Jerry7777

5 Year Member
OKLAHOMA
Have thought the poll just have to come up with a list of choices.
Greg, what is your opinion on vitamins and calcium for hatchlings, do you offer them or no? keep in mind mine doesn't get as much outdoor time as yours. Although that will be changing soon, forcasting 70's and 80's for next week!!!! i hope they are right!

Jerry7777

5 Year Member
OKLAHOMA
Radiated said:
whats the white on her shell?

i think what your are seeing is a glare from the flash. Her shell is wet. There is no white on her shell.

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
Jerry7777 said:
Have thought the poll just have to come up with a list of choices.
Greg, what is your opinion on vitamins and calcium for hatchlings, do you offer them or no? keep in mind mine doesn't get as much outdoor time as yours. Although that will be changing soon, forcasting 70's and 80's for next week!!!! i hope they are right!

We do not offer either to our hatchlings.

*This hatchling is two days old, very brown.

5yvln8.jpg

I think as soon as yours gets in the sun she will turn black.

*The same hatchling at eleven days old. Very black.

vex2zb.jpg

Jerry7777

5 Year Member
OKLAHOMA
Thanks Greg
She's only been outside for about 3hrs max in a month but you can already see a difference in her color. After this next week she should darken up a lot

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
Jerry7777 said:
Thanks Greg
She's only been outside for about 3hrs max in a month but you can already see a difference in her color. After this next week she should darken up a lot

:) Be great to see pictures as she is changing!

Status
Not open for further replies.