new and need help

deiandra

Location (City and/or State)
Riverside, California
Some start nibbling in the brooder box right away. Others take a while to start eating. I leave greens in there so they don't nibble on the damp paper towels. Usually within two to three weeks of hatching they are eating pretty good.

You can get the Zoomed Grassland tortoise chow at the pet store. Some stores sell Mazuri too. Both of these are good to mix with your greens. You can buy some spring mix or endive and mix it soaked ZooMed pellets once he's in a regular enclosure and starts eating well. I start introducing weeds and leaves and things right away in the brooder box. This way they are not picky later on.

Ok thank you i will defiantly look for those things at the petstore friday i really appreciate you help. I will definitely take all advice into account being that im new to this i really appreciate it guys!! Ya'll are awesome and very kind nonjudgmental people too.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Glad you are happy here. Our common interest is the tortoises and I think most people are to for the benefit of the tortoises, so we are all pretty united. This forum is a pretty unique and special place. I hope that being here results in you having a long happy relationship with a very healthy well cared for tortoise. :)