New Close Enclosure!

Jorge Moreno

Very very nice -concept thru completion (although I had a sneak peek);)
Job well done Jorge!!!......Did ya name your little ones' yet?

Hi, Jeff!

Yes, they are Yooa and Sunshine.

Attachments

• Names.jpg
    Names.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 16

Jorge Moreno

Holy guacamole! You have some truly spoiled torts!!!! Congratulations, great job! I have a glass cage for my tortoise, I had to line the sides and back with paper to keep her from clunking. If there's no clunking, there should be no problem! :) Can you take another picture so I can have a closer look at the stream??? And I'd love to see your tortoise photos!!!

Hi, GingerLove!

I am glad you like it. Here are the pics.

Attachments

• outlet.jpg
    outlet.jpg
    241.1 KB · Views: 15
  • outlet enclosure.jpg
    outlet enclosure.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 14
  • inlet  enclosure.jpg
    inlet enclosure.jpg
    276 KB · Views: 15
  • Filtration, Inlet, outlet.jpg
    Filtration, Inlet, outlet.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 15
  • Filtration and Drainage.jpg
    Filtration and Drainage.jpg
    167.9 KB · Views: 14

GingerLove

5 Year Member
Wow!!! That's amazing!!! How on earth did you figure out how to wire it all? You said you built it?? :):)

Jorge Moreno

Not trying to hijack this thread , or demean the great job Jorge has done ! I made my statement about glass enclosures going by the original statement ;

I tried to explain how , in my situation it proved to be not true . I spoke from my experience and didn't feel it necessary to change the parameters of the original statement IE ; How much of the glass is open and can be seen through , or if some areas get fogged up it doesn't count . I don't ever wonder how conflicting statements occur , I see them daily , even when a person needs to change what was said to reinforce a possibly wrong opinion ! Everyone is entitled to an opinion , but that's all it is until its proven wrong by facts. In my case the facts I learned through many other qualified opinions , and my own experience proved this statement to be wrong !

Hi, Speedy-1!

Thanks for the comments, so far I haven't had any issues regards the torts trying to get out. They spend most of their time climbing toward the waterfall and to the top of their two mini caves.

Jorge Moreno

Wow!!! That's amazing!!! How on earth did you figure out how to wire it all? You said you built it?? :):)

well..... for the mini pond and waterfall I used the same concept that I used on my turtle tank. I do have a 20-gallon tank with three small turtles and I used the Fluval Fx6 canister filter to keep the water clean. The filtration system allows me to clean the tank and change the water once a month.

For the three-dimensional background, I did some research regards building different designs for fish tanks, terrariums, and vivariums and after looking at too many I decided to link different techniques and come up with a new background for the Habitat.

I did also look at different pictures of close enclosures in google and read different articles and books about red-footed tortoises including this informative tortoise forum. The whole research and reading process took me about a month a half. I

Fredkas

5 Year Member
It could be an issue for you , from my experience with Speedy in his 60 gallon aquarium I am classifying it as an "urban legend" at least for a small Sully . I might further add that if the proper humidity for a hatchling sulcata is adhered to it really cant be an issue as they cannot see out of the steamed up glass !

View attachment 178804

At least that is how it worked out in my situation ! :)
I need your thread about speedy enclosure with pic. Give me give me :D