New Critters

Status
Not open for further replies.

K9KidsLove

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Hi...Just wanted to tell you all I acquired some new critters this weekend. The vet I used to work for called Fri to see if I could rehome a 3 legged box turtle cause her owner had to have surgery that would leave her laid up for several weeks. I asked her if she wanted me to just foster care her until she is up & about again, but she wanted me to keep her. She was a client at the vet hospital when I worked there, so she knew I'd take care of her properly.

The vet called me later the same day to see if I wanted a couple of bearded dragons with a tank & lights. The owner was selling them cause she just found out she has cancer & doesn't think she will be able to care for them. I told her I am no longer buying dragons cause I have more than enough, but if she didn't sell them, she should call me & I would take them in. She called me this morning & delivered them to my house.

This evening another turtle rehabber e-mailed me to see if I could take 2 gopher tortoises to finish their rehabbing. She hasn't room for them outside, and I do. So tomorrow I will set up the corrals with heated dog igloos and go get them from her. She said they are about 10"-12". I am particularly fond of the gopher tortoises. She said one of them may never be able to be released. I know, it is a bad idea to release after being in captivity, but that is the law here. Never said Mississippi powers that be were smart!!

Also, I had 17 bearded dragon eggs hatch last week. They are so cute. I usually sell them pretty cheap but I make sure the new owners have their set up ready before I let them go.
Thanks for listening. I am always excited with new critters!
Patsy

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Busy...busy...busy!!! What do you do in your SPARE time?

Yvonne

K9KidsLove

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Hi...What spare time?
I don't work because I am disabled, so my time is mostly my own. I do a little at a time & take short breaks whenever I need to. By the end of next month I will probably be able to have most of my torts & turtles outside. This makes life a lot easier.
Patsy

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
Congrats on all your new critters! Glad you are able to help them.

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Patsy, It is such a blessing to have people like you out there in the world that can take on a few when the need arises. That not only have the space and time but the big heart as well. Congrats on all the new Reptile kids.

K9KidsLove

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Hi...Thanks to you all.
I spent most of today moving tanks & tort tables around so I can bring in 2 more tortoises tables. I never was able to rearrange them so that I would have a spare wall anywhere! Luckily everything is on wheelies so they aren't so hard to move. At feeding time I will just have to shuffle them in order to reach everyone!! I don't care... I love taking care of them.
Patsy

Status
Not open for further replies.