New Enclosure While De-Wormed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hunterk997

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Wayland, NY
My Russian tortoise is on s deworming medicine, and she takes it every other week seven times. This Wednesday will only be the second treatment. But the problem is I built her a new wooden enclosure to upgrade her from her aquarium. But I was concerned, should I wait until her treatment is over? Or just move her into it to prevent the return of the worm later on? Her treatment will officialy end in July.

Casseylane

5 Year Member
My vet told me to use newspaper or paper towel while treating for parasites, and to change it daily. I went back to normal substrate after the treatments ended, about three weeks later. Just be careful with the heating- I had to adjust it during this time. As far as the enclosure, I would keep it the same until treatment is over.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
It is best to use paper or paper towel during deworming. If I were you, I would use the old enclosure until after treatment.

hunterk997

10 Year Member!
Wayland, NY
I tried papet towel with my tortoise, and she tried to eat it. So my vet told me just to clean out the substrate daily of feces and that, that would be enough. So what should I do?

Lancecham

10 Year Member!
Southern California
It would be easiest to keep her in the aquarium due to the fact that it is much easier to clean than a wooden enclosure. Give it a good cleaning. This will take care of of any parasites in the aquarium.

Status
Not open for further replies.