New enclosure :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lkwagner

5 Year Member
Tomorrow I'm picking this up!
ImageUploadedByTortoiseForum1366646492.925053.jpg

I think it will be perfect for a few months till my 2 baby sulcatas outgrow them!... then I can always use it for lizards.
I just wanted to show you guys cause I'm super excited!
I'm going to build lids this weekend to create more of a closed chamber and to of course keep the cat out!

Last edited by a moderator:

contessa20

5 Year Member
Great find!
This would be awesome for my bearded dragon and leopard gecko.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
How big are they? They look quite small in the pic for having food rock, water dish and a hide. Doesn't seem to leave much walking room. Of course things do always look different in pics. Hope they work for ya.

Minority1

5 Year Member
wellington said:
How big are they? They look quite small in the pic for having food rock, water dish and a hide. Doesn't seem to leave much walking room. Of course things do always look different in pics. Hope they work for ya.

Agreed. That was my first thought as well. At least you can still use it for your lizards.

theelectraco

5 Year Member
That looks bigger than a 40 gallon to me. Looks nice. What's the white part made of?

lkwagner

5 Year Member
They are 48 wide x 20 deep x 22 side. Bigger than a 50 gallon tank.

The guy actually made them for bearded dragons :)

On my way to get them now!

I mean 48 wide x 20 deep x 22 high

lkwagner

5 Year Member
ImageUploadedByTortoiseForum1366740686.551391.jpg
ImageUploadedByTortoiseForum1366740708.046143.jpg
ImageUploadedByTortoiseForum1366740728.819494.jpg

These pics might help show the size better! I didn't realize how big they were till I got there!
More pics to come once I figure out how to drill this stand back together ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

lkwagner

5 Year Member
theelectraco said:
That looks bigger than a 40 gallon to me. Looks nice. What's the white part made of?

I'm not sure what it is exactly, he just said the wood has a plastic laminate and the floor has a vinyl coating. I think they will hold up good with high humidity levels and a moist substrate even though they were built for beardies.

I still can't get over how big they are! I thought these would fit in my nitro no problem but I had to make 2 trips and the second trip I took my moms van and the stand still wouldn't fit. I tried putting it back together myself but it didn't work haha. I will post the finished picks after I paint the stand (after my dad dad comes and puts it back together lol) make lids, decorate the enclosures and put the tortoises in!

theelectraco

5 Year Member
They are bigger then they looked in the first picture, however still too small for the size of tort pictured.

The second tort pictured* first one is okay, but the bigger one is too large for that enclosure.

lkwagner

5 Year Member
Yeah the big one has a completely different enclosure, a hugeee tort table. They are for my 2 babies, the other baby isn't pictured. I was just trying to take pictures to send to my dad for size references :)

theelectraco

5 Year Member
I think they are plenty big then! Neat enclosures! Let us know how they work out.

Status
Not open for further replies.