new friend

Status
Not open for further replies.

gene

5 Year Member
I don't know where else I should go for answers. I almost creamed a poor turtle in my car today (thank goodness I missed him!) and instead of moving him to the side of the road where he could get injured, or leaving him for the coyotes, I took him in for the night. He looks like someone's pet. How do I take care of him until I find his owner? I looked up pictures online and I believe he is a box turtle...... and also he has flipped on his back twice....i'm worried that he could suffocate on his back??

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
Welcome to the forum and sure am glad you avoided the squish....and I am certain, while the turtle has not idea, he is even happier :D

I do not own box turtles so I can not give you that info...HOWEVER, on this site you can do a search for care for box turtle...

I know a PIC would be just fun stuff :p

Turtle Guru

5 Year Member
WV
welcome the both of you and put a picece in the local paper about the turtle that was found, and they can filp over if they are on his back unless they are hurt. You did a good thing thanks for doing that but try to look for the owner if you cant find it then keep it you cant release a captivr turtle in the wild. Good Luck ;)

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hello and welcome. The first thing is to post a pic so we can positively ID your new friend. I use tinypic.com for this. Its really easy and you don't need an account. Just upload any size photo and then copy/paste the IMG code into your forum post.

Where are you?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi gene:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

Is "gene" your user name, or is it also your name?

May we know where you are?

Status
Not open for further replies.