New from IN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hillybean

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Fort Wayne, IN (USA)
Hello,
so this is actually my second post. My first post was a concern about my new baby sulcata toroise. We just got it, this past Friday. I am very glad I managed to find a forum, as I believe the best advice and todate information comes from forums.

About Me:
I am currently a SAHM (stay at home mom), but I use to be a pre-vet student in my last semester to go, a wildlife rehabilitator (mainly small mammals and birds), and an animal companion.

I currently have several corn snakes, two bearded dragons,a Min Pin, pet rats, and now the tortoise. Staying with some family members I also have 3 painted turtles that are 14yrs old. I have owned and cared for a variety of animals in the past.

I moved to Fort Wayne, IN last October, and last Christmas I saw a baby Sulcata Tortoise at a pet shop. I decided not to get it, as I didn't know anything about them. This year, I have researched them on and off, and when I saw a local pet shop get this one in.. We thought about it a week, then decided to get everything we needed for it, and then we got it. We have named it Franklin, but I don't know its gender..most likely it is a female (that would be my luck). Either way I am keeping the name, lol!

My brother and his family, also have one that they got in September from a reptile show. I can't wait to compare the two at Christmas!

Anyways.. Hello, and I look forward to reading and learning more about our tortoise! I'll try to post a picture later today, on this thread so that you can all see my little guy/gal.

Thank You!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Hillary:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Welcome! Boy am I glad you explained what a SAHM meant. I could have spent all night having fun with that one. :D So why did you decide on a sulcata?

Hillybean

5 Year Member
Fort Wayne, IN (USA)
Thank you all for the welcome.

Around here Sulcata and Russian are the two types of tortoise that are easy to find in pet shops. Any other type requires a breeder, and where to look for those I was at a loss. We thought about the russian, but the ones around here are pretty much fully grown, we wanted one that we could watch grow up, so we decided the sulcata.

Here are some pictures from this morning of Franklin!
Behind:

Belly:

Front:

Him next to the measuring tape (he is bigger than I thought):

That's Franklin, who is probably a girl...

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
Well, if its a girl, just add "Aretha" to the front and like the original.... No tellin' how big she will get! :p

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Welcome to the Forum :D Your little one is beautiful...and LOVE LOVE LOVE the bootie shot, they are my favs :p

Status
Not open for further replies.