New from Pasadena, CA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karol

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Pasadena, CA
Hi, I am Karol, this isn't my first post, I responded to one - see below.
I live in Southern California with a hubby and 4 kids. I am a mom, a community volunteer, and I run a message forum for kidney patients, and one for living organ donors too. We have 2 cats, 2 adult desert tortoises and one baby tort. The adult tortoises were my moms for years. Almost 4 1/2 years ago our daughter had a kidney transplant and we were told we could not keep our cockatiel anymore (birds are a risk to immunosuppressed patients) so I traded the bird for my mom's tortoises. I grew up with desert tortoises and have always enjoyed their subtle but distinct personalities. Both my sister's have them too. My sister found a hatchling in her yard from her mama tort and gave him to me - a cute little guy who is now about 3 years old. Sadly we recently lost our girl tort named Fluffy last week. Her story is here http://www.tortoiseforum.org/Thread-sad-but-interesting-egg-bound-desert-tortoise#axzz1NnxLfCLh
I will post some pictures of the boys later.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Welcome to the forum, I hope you enjoy your visits.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Karol:

Welcome to the forum!!

I hope your daughter is doing ok, health-wise.

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
Welcome Karol! It's always nice to see someone pop up on the Forum from my hometown. There is lots of great information (and photos) to be had here...so take advantage.

Status
Not open for further replies.