New from SWPA

camarokiller

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
South of pittsburgh
Hi guys,

I'm Matt, I'm from just south of Pittsburgh PA, and I've been the proud owner of a male russian tort named Cecil for 2 years now. I've lurked on here for quite a while and learn lots From all of you. Here are a few pics of my boys new setup he moved into today.

20131229_235144.jpg

20131229_235206.jpg

Wanna show off my feeding dish I carved out of a single piece of shale!
20131229_153653.jpg

Here is my little boy, Cecil
20131229_141258.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Matt, and welcome to the Forum!

I like that combo food/water rock. Did you buy that at a pet store? You've got Cecil set up in a good-sized habitat, but it looks a little bare to me. How about some "furniture" to act as sight barriers. How boring it must be for a tortoise to wake up in the a.m., look out his doorway and be able to see his whole world. Some driftwood, or a big rock or even some fake plants might help break it up a bit.

camarokiller

5 Year Member
South of pittsburgh
Yvonne G said:
Hi Matt, and welcome to the Forum!

I like that combo food/water rock. Did you buy that at a pet store? You've got Cecil set up in a good-sized habitat, but it looks a little bare to me. How about some "furniture" to act as sight barriers. How boring it must be for a tortoise to wake up in the a.m., look out his doorway and be able to see his whole world. Some driftwood, or a big rock or even some fake plants might help break it up a bit.

I carved the bowls out of a piece of shale rock from my yard. Don't you worry about Cecs decorations they are getting transplanted from his old home, as I said this is a brand new maybe 3 hour old enclosure. He def likes his bushes to play in

camarokiller

5 Year Member
South of pittsburgh
If anyone here feeds live plants to their torts they may wanna check out their local Lowes. I got all these succulents for $1.75
20140101_174246.jpg

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Thanks for the heads up on the plants and nice setup . I like your screen name do you race ? You would not be running a mustang would you ? Ha ha

camarokiller

5 Year Member
South of pittsburgh
mike taylor said:
Thanks for the heads up on the plants and nice setup . I like your screen name do you race ? You would not be running a mustang would you ? Ha ha

Thanks for the kind words. No pony here, screen name is from back in my Cobalt SS/SC days lol. Now I play around in a slammed 2nd gen cummins.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
I had a 69 galaxy 500 with a big block . That I liked to call a chevy killer . But I am a die hard ford guy .

camarokiller

5 Year Member
South of pittsburgh
I can appreciate anything with a motor. I've owned about one of everything. I do enjoy fords, just recently lost my 6.0 powerstroke. Loved that truck ha

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
I have a f150 ecoboost and a 2012 f350 . I love them the f150 is my wifes truck .

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
6.7 runs good would like to put a bank s system in it .

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
The only thing I don't like is the exhaust fluid .

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Nice set up. Welcomes.