New girl on the block

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanaRae60

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
San Clemente, California
Hello!

I have been on this fab website every evening stealing as much knowledge as my brain can handle. I have wanted a tortoise for years, but having no experience with them sort of scared me. Yes, I am one of those people, the ones that talk about their animals like they are children. My mother jokingly refers to our three dogs as her grand daughters! She so gets me.

So, I finally decided to take the leap...I have been reading about tortoises every night (thank you ipad) for nearly three weeks. I narrowed down my obsession to a Star tortoise. I figured if I can love and take care of three dogs, one macaw, one conure and one toucan, I could certainly figure out this tortoise thing.

Yesterday, my super awesome husband surprized me with a sub-adult Sri Lankan Star! He is still (yes, he's a "He") with the breeder as the ultimate tortoise table needs to be constructed. I am so excited about bringing the newest member of our family home.

A huge Thank You to all you lovely tortoise folks. You have shared your knowledge with a me and gave me the confidence to enter the tortoise world.

Best,
Dana
San Clemente, CA

[/font]

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Dana:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

I hope you realize that the initiation fee to join the forum is ...

PICTURES...PICTURES AND ...MORE PICTURES!!!!!

We'd like to see your enclosure building from start to finish. But most importantly, we want to see your new tortoise when you get it!!!

DanaRae60

5 Year Member
San Clemente, California
emysemys said:
Hi Dana:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

I hope you realize that the initiation fee to join the forum is ...

PICTURES...PICTURES AND ...MORE PICTURES!!!!!

We'd like to see your enclosure building from start to finish. But most importantly, we want to see your new tortoise when you get it!!!

Hi Yvonne,

Thank you for welcoming me. I promise to post some pics. First I have to get adorable husband out of bed, into car, and into Lowes to buy some wood!

DesertGrandma

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Welcome Dana! Congratulations on your new STAR!! What a great hubby you must have too. :cool:

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
No that's the kind of husband to have! Dana, welcome to TFO. Glad you decided to officially join us. Stars are great tortoises, I was just sitting here enjoying watching my group taking on a pile of greens.... soon that will be you. :D There is no doubt in my mind that you have what it takes to be a great caretaker.

P.S. My daughter has a kitty Grandchild of mine, so I get that too. :D We won't talk about all my four legged kids. :cool: :D

DanaRae60

5 Year Member
San Clemente, California
image-3273657564.pngimage-1268943435.pngOur tortoise condo is ready. T-stats will be installed today. Carlos comes home Friday!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.