New gpp

Kristyh119

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Nj
This is the first time I've ever posted I have been reading all you great info for a while now. I have a gpb whose 10 weeks and I just got a gpp whose 9 months I had them outside roaming the yard for a few hours and the gpp tried to eat feathers my baby has never done anything like this. Could this mean he's lacking something or do they just do this sometimes?image.jpg

Kathy Coles

5 Year Member
North Carolina
My red foot tried to eat a rock. Not just a little taste to see what it was. He kept trying to take a chomp. He gets plenty of cuttle bone and greens so I don't think he's mineral deprived. They're just torts.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
He might be lacking certain minerals in his food. You can buy a supplement called Minerall made by Sticky Tongue Farms and sprinkle a tiny bit over his food.

Please read all the "Important Threads" up at the top of the Leopard section. Your baby is showing signs of pyramiding and you can stop it if you change the way you have him set up.

Kristyh119

5 Year Member
Nj
He has his cutttle bones too has yet touched them and I use a supp on their food a few times a week, I jus got him he came from Vegas he's now humid I'm hoping the pyramiding won't continue

Kristyh119

5 Year Member
Nj
Should increase is supp to every other day since he's doin this or could that be to much? He eats grass dandelion greens clover violet leaves hibiscus leave hosts turnip greens chicory radicchio watercress spider plants and there a few other weeds that they both devour but I'm not sure what they are. my 10 week old doesn't eat weirs stuff I've had him about a monthbut the 9 month old I got 3 days ago does and I'm not sure what he was fed before I got him. Sorry for the long post I just want to make sure he's ok

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Should increase is supp to every other day since he's doin this or could that be to much?

Are you questioning if you should increase the mineral supplementation to every other day?

If so, I would say not to do it every other day. Just a couple of times a week should be more than sufficient. You are offering him a lot of really good foods. Throw some cactus and mazuri in there along with allowing him to graze on grasses (which it looks like you are from the picture), then you're good to go.

Kristyh119

5 Year Member
Nj
Thank you so much I'll keep his supp the way it is now and yes he is outside roaming the yard a lot I'm a stay at home mom so the shelled babies get to come out with me and the babes for most of the day now that it's warm enough