New Growth Lines

Status
Not open for further replies.

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Here a fine example of True Blonde and or " Snow Leopard" New growth lines with this lil gal/guy still remain pure white. This maybe one of the most "white" Leo's I have owned in 30 years. Would love to see any of your " White" Leos.....out there.
This specimanis around 4 3/4 " and VERY round in shape . Will be nice to see development of this LQQKER~:p
bll4.jpg

bll46.jpg
bll45.jpg
bll47.jpg

JD~:)

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Greenfield, In.
Wow, that is a beauty!! Makes me want to get one also! I so need to sell this small house and buy me a bigger on for my torts! Have a good day!

DesertGrandma

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Where did you get such a beautiful aniimal? Will you breed this one, and will a snow leopard produce the same white offspring? Amazing!!

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Az tortoise compound said:
JD,
How old is that animal?

Mick...... approx 2.5 years.,

FranklinAndTara said:
beautiful! Im assuming the the bright white between the scutes(sp?) is the new growth, is that correct?

Your are correct! :D

coreyc

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts
N2TORTS said:
Here a fine example of True Blonde and or " Snow Leopard" New growth lines with this lil gal/guy still remain pure white. This maybe one of the most "white" Leo's I have owned in 30 years. Would love to see any of your " White" Leos.....out there.
This specimanis around 4 3/4 " and VERY round in shape . Will be nice to see development of this LQQKER~:p
bll4.jpg

bll46.jpg
bll45.jpg
bll47.jpg

Wow he is awesome here is a few pic's of one of mine not as white as yours seems to be getting a nice tan :p she has been outside alot

k003.jpg

k002.jpg

6-30-11009.jpg

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
DesertGrandma said:
Where did you get such a beautiful aniimal? Will you breed this one, and will a snow leopard produce the same white offspring? Amazing!!

Well...on " paper" ...yes but like all of the other fine attributes we try to achieve , there is always a special one, or no visable difference at all ( but the gene code is still there ) aka " hets" . It all comes down to mutation. An organism's DNA mutates, or changes, over time. Hence producing " hypos' and or special features" that through long term selective ( key word) breeding can make those genes hold true within further hatchlings. It would be quite obvious that in the wild this kind of tortoise would stick out like a sore thumb, and become easy prey, thus eleminating the special gene code to be carried down. None the less, I myself find the " special ones" .. quite stunning~:shy:

Very Nice looking tort Neal! ....

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
I am so jealous of that baby. Just about speechless! I don't remember you posting that one before....maybe I missed it?

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Very nice looking. It almost doesn't appear to be a real tortoise.

Carol S

10 Year Member!
Alta Loma, CA
N2TORTS said:
bll4.jpg

bll46.jpg
bll45.jpg
bll47.jpg

Very beautiful!!

Carol

Status
Not open for further replies.