Ocala Florida

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Welcome.
It could be just the angle or pic but your tortoise already looks to have the slight start of pyramiding.
I suggest you get him set up ASAP in a closed chamber enclosure with 80% humid

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hi everyone! I decided to sign up since I just got my sulcata hatchling Bluebell
Hello and welcome!

In addition to the thread that Alex left, here is another one explaining what the heck is going on with all the conflicting info. Questions are welcome:

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Hello Lillie and Bluebell.
Sulcata's can be deceiving. They are cute little tortoises when they fit in your hand. In about 5 or 6 yrs. You will have a 100lb bulldozer. When they get big they generally are still great pets. Just be ready for the investment of caring for a big sulcata. You live in a great state to raise a sulcata.
Follow the caresheets and ask questions. Don't listen to the pet store guy or gal. You will end up with a lot of bad information. You will also waste money buying what they suggest.
We can guide you in the right direction.

Lillie & Bluebell

Ocala Florida
Hello Lillie and Bluebell.
Sulcata's can be deceiving. They are cute little tortoises when they fit in your hand. In about 5 or 6 yrs. You will have a 100lb bulldozer. When they get big they generally are still great pets. Just be ready for the investment of caring for a big sulcata. You live in a great state to raise a sulcata.
Follow the caresheets and ask questions. Don't listen to the pet store guy or gal. You will end up with a lot of bad information. You will also waste money buying what they suggest.
We can guide you in the right direction.
Thanks! I actually am very excited for how big she is gonna get, but I have a feeling feeding her is gonna get expensive, lol. I'm actually moving to Tennessee next year though, I hope she can handle the weather

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Around 2 yrs old you will probably be moving Bluebell outside. Look at the enclosures here on the forum. @Tom has some good enclosures you can build. If Bluebell has a large area to graze. A few raised gardens growing some different types of greens. Should help you from buying store bought greens. 80% should be grazing on natural grasses and weeds. Look at Tom's outside enclosures and plan ahead. So you have it ready. When it is time to go from inside to outside. If you don't have the building skills. Find someone who does and give them heads up what you will need.