New guy here with a South African Leo

Status
Not open for further replies.

realyblank2002

5 Year Member
I just picked up this little guy at a reptile show here over the weekend. He will not eat yet, I tried some romaine, berries, grass, still nothing so I hope I can find some help here, Thanks.

S

Scooter

Welcome to the forum! Is this your first tortoise? Sometimes it takes a little while for them to adjust to their new home so I would just leave him alone for a few days to adjust. We all love to see pictures of your tortoise and his enclosure! Here is a thread that explains how to post pictures http://tortoiseforum.org/thread-5245.html

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
USA
Welcome to the forum :)

Could you tell us how you have your new Leopard tortoise set-up?

Danny

terracolson

5 Year Member
Sacramento
Welcome!

Yes i am sure he/she is just scared. Dont worry about a day or two of not eating..
Please provide some pictures..thx

M

Maggie Cummings

She will need time to settle in and get used to her new surroundings. If it were me I would get some Spring Mix and add some other dark leafy greens and cut it up small for her small mouth and offer her that. Make sure your temperature is correct, if she is too cold she won't eat. Here is a link for a Leopard care sheet that may help you to make sure you have her set up correctly. Welcome...

http://africantortoise.com/

Yeah!!! Look everybody...I actually remembered to add the link...yahoo!

terrypin

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Jersey C.I.
hi i agree with Danny please could you give some details of your set up.they do get used to their diet and conditions and any sudden drastic change may upset them .
terry

Status
Not open for further replies.