New Hermann Tortoise owner

Niitajewel

Hello,
My Name is Anita and I have recently purchased my first Hermann Tortoise on 12/30/13. I am really excited and have been slowly learning about how to properly care for one myself.

I have attached some pictures of my enclosure, and I'am open to any suggestions for improvements. The only advice I have to go on is who I purchased "little Hulk" (my tortoises name) from and a lot of online reading and searching.

Some questions I have been having are:
1. How do I start growing my own weeds?
2. Do you think it is better if i switch to a tortoise table. (the reason I chose the glass aquarium is because I like to look at little hulk ALOT, selfish...I know :( )

Thank you in advance! I AM SO EXCITED TO BE A PART OF THE TORTOISE LOVE COMMUNITY!!

Attachments

• IMG_2573.JPG
    IMG_2573.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 39
  • IMG_2577.JPG
    IMG_2577.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 36
  • IMG_2576.jpg
    IMG_2576.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 34
  • IMG_2575.jpg
    IMG_2575.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 34
  • IMG_2574.JPG
    IMG_2574.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 32
  • IMG_2572.jpg
    IMG_2572.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 28

diamondbp

10 Year Member!
welcome to TFO Anita, we love us some Hermann tortoises on TFO. Glad to have you

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Welcome to the Forum, Anita!

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Hello Anita welcome to the TFO from AZ . To help grow weeds it help to know were you live ? And if a tort can see out it wants out . So you may want to put a2-3 inch strip around the bottom of the tank you can see in but it wouldn't see out . Great looking tort

rebeccamurray

Hello my name is Rebecca and I live in the uk. I have just bought a horse field tortoise and has been told she is female and is roughly 3 years old. I am just looking for more information about them as I have looked up different foods for her and every website says the total opposite of the other and I'm getting really confused. I just want the best for her and to make sure she is happy and healthy. Hear is a pic, her name is tank girl! He he ImageUploadedByTortForum1394582557.390104.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Niitajewel

Thank you all!! I am excited to be a part of!

@grandpaturtle144 thanks for the suggestions. I live in southern (sunny) california! :) does that help??

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
S. Calf . I assume is like AZ if you turn over a shovel dirt and then it rains weeds come up like crazy . Or you can go on the internet and buy the seeds and plant them in the ground or in flower pots