New home

Status
Not open for further replies.

IowaGuy28

5 Year Member
Im about to order my Tilley (9 month old Sulcata) his new home. A kiddy pool that measures 6ft wide by 6 feet length by 15.6inch tall. His encloser right now is about 1.5ft wide by 2(?)ft long by 6inch deep. Tilley is about 4.5 and was told this was Way to small.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Tropical South Texas
That's a decent size for her. The thing with sulcatas is they grow relatively fast and are a very active species. In te wild they can walk up to 11 miles a day. Given the size of the baby pool should do fine for about a year. Obvious outdoor growth and grazing is going to allow her grow at a faster pace than an inside enclosure. Once they get around this size it's always good to give them as much room as raltively possible but not much so they stress out. I think this is a good size for her.

IowaGuy28

5 Year Member
Bedding ideas? I live in Iowa, luckily its summer here so I can let Tilley outside more often but during the winters...i hope this lasts a few years :-\

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Tropical South Texas
I lived in des Moines and stuart many years ago. Summers are perfect up there. I would use dirt and put a few pieces of sod for grazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.