New indoor enclosure in the making!! So excited!!

RV's mom

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Phoenix, arizona
How long did it take the flex seal to air? It is some pretty noxious stuff.

cmacusa3

5 Year Member
Bixby
I've used flex seal and would recommend at least a week in warm temps to air our. Especially in closed chamber enclosures because that smell really builds up

Nicole edwards

Mississippi
I've used flex seal and would recommend at least a week in warm temps to air our. Especially in closed chamber enclosures because that smell really builds up
I just did the flex seal tonight, but I'm going to let it air out for at least a week before bringing it inside for him to use. I agree it is very strong smelling but my little rocky has some pretty strong claws that I'm hoping it's going to stand up to.

cmacusa3

5 Year Member
Bixby
I'm hoping it will last at least until it's time to move outside. At the rate we are going right now that will be pretty soon.
He looks good and once they get growing it's crazy how fast they grow. Mine is on a huge growth spurt

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Nicole,
5x3' is okay for a 3-4" baby, but that is going to be way too small for a tortoise of Rocky's stature.

How long is he? What does he weigh?

Nicole edwards

Mississippi
Nicole,
5x3' is okay for a 3-4" baby, but that is going to be way too small for a tortoise of Rocky's stature.

How long is he? What does he weigh?

He is in a 3'x1.5' enclosure now and it does not seem to bother him but he does get out a lot.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
He is 10" long and weighs right at 7lbs

When mine are 5-6" they spend most of the day, weather permitting outside in large 30' enclosures, and then I bring them back in at night to 4x8' closed chambers. At 8-10" they are just too big for those 4x8' enclosures and I move them outside with heated night boxes full time.

Where are you? Is this an option for your area?

Nicole edwards

Mississippi
When mine are 5-6" they spend most of the day, weather permitting outside in large 30' enclosures, and then I bring them back in at night to 4x8' closed chambers. At 8-10" they are just too big for those 4x8' enclosures and I move them outside with heated night boxes full time.

Where are you? Is this an option for your area?
I am in central Mississippi and our weather is very crazy. It's humid and we do have some pretty warm days during the winter and he does get to go out then. During the summer he is outside just about everyday