New indoor enclosure!

EricL

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Maryland
This is my Tortoise/Box Turtle enclosure. At the moment it houses just 1 three toed female. Next spring I plan to put her outdoors in a larger enclosure and move my hatchlings who will be about 9 months at that time in here. Just looking for some tips if anyone notices any ideas on improvements. The right side stays at about 85-88 while the left side stays around 72. I have a mister that keeps the reptisoil on the left damp throughout the day. Ivy seems to be the only thing that doesn't die that I have tried so far. image1.JPG image2.JPG image3.JPG

PJay

5 Year Member
Virginia
That's a nice enclosure, I'm curious about your lighting and heating. I see a ceramic heat emitter in a cage, what kind of bulbs are in the dome and the fluorescent light fixtures? If you are planning to move multiple hatchlings in there it might be nice for them to have the option to choose a hide on the warm side as well as the cool side.

EricL

5 Year Member
Maryland
That's a nice enclosure, I'm curious about your lighting and heating. I see a ceramic heat emitter in a cage, what kind of bulbs are in the dome and the fluorescent light fixtures? If you are planning to move multiple hatchlings in there it might be nice for them to have the option to choose a hide on the warm side as well as the cool side.
In the fluorescents I have the reptisun 10.0 UVB strips and in the dome I have 75 watt incandescent that seems to get the job done. I will definitely look into getting another hide for the other side! Also, I really do not use the ceramic heater, I bought it awhile back but I figured I'd keep it attached because in Maryland, winters can get pretty cold.

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
It looks nice. I would add some plant cover to the right side as well. I myself don't like the use of monsters/diggers but I know many people do.

Rover15

5 Year Member
ontario canada
for hachlings, you could use tipped over clay pots for hides half dug into the substrate so they can also burrow in their hide.