Best Indoor Enclosure?

Karencjacome

Am planning a major upgrade for my 27 year old three toed/Florida Gulf Coast female boxie. Would love to provide her with the best enclosure and want to have a naturalistic look she and I will enjoy. It will become the centerpiece of the room. Custom made is probably the best option. Want a tank with lower sides and as much floor area as possible, maybe out of glass or plexiglass, sitting on a sturdy wooden table to match my other furniture. Suggestions for sources? Plans to build? Glass or plexiglass? Any pictures and tips will be appreciated!
Thanks!

ColleenT

Location (City and/or State)
Lehigh Valley Pa
Outdoors, I agree, but indoors, I haven't had this problem. I've been using glass tanks for decades.

I believe i was told this when i got my first 2 Boxies. I thought it was from this site, but possibly not. Was told that boxies keep trying to escape when they can see thru the glass.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
I believe i was told this when i got my first 2 Boxies. I thought it was from this site, but possibly not. Was told that boxies keep trying to escape when they can see thru the glass.
This is one of those commonly repeated tortoise myths. Yvonne and I and many others here have been using glass tank to start babies for literally decades. It does not cause the problems "they" say it does. My first boxie back in 1979 was in a glass tank.