new indoor enclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.

jason g.

5 Year Member
2012-06-17_01-46-43_927.jpg

Well it's still a work in progress. I've got 3 pans of grass started growing. Cactus pads, hygrometer and mazuri on it's way.
2012-06-17_01-49-00_597.jpg

My wife love the new addition to our living room! Lol
2012-06-17_01-49-27_234.jpg

Rose likes it better than my wife. ;)
2012-06-17_01-46-33_177.jpg

I'm going to Walmart and find a good watering dish tomorrow too. ;)
GosmsPhoto1339913808847.jpg

Her hide is this big and has coco core for bedding. Is that OK for her hide or should I make it smaller??

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
Very cool....in the pics the sides look relatively low? Perhaps simply just the pic....I like all the room and I have always thought round enclosures are likely less to allow roll overs (avoiding spider man corners..lol)...very nice. :D

jason g.

5 Year Member
ascott said:
Very cool....in the pics the sides look relatively low? Perhaps simply just the pic....I like all the room and I have always thought round enclosures are likely less to allow roll overs (avoiding spider man corners..lol)...very nice. :D

Thank you. They are a little low. I need to take some of the substrate off the top of her hide. It was late and past her bedtime so I'll fix it in the morning. My idea was to make the substrate under her hide as deep as possible cause she loves digging in real deep. ;) plus with a 2.5' X 3' hide she has about an extra half of the pool to wander in. Lol

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Maybe you could do a decrease of substrate just around the sides? like a moat around his castle....:D ..then you could leave the depth for his burrow area?? :D

jason g.

5 Year Member
Good idea!! It will give her some more hills to climb on too. God knows she climbs everything she finds lol

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I love the underground hide area, but can you reach her in there if you needed to? Also, those clamps are notorious for failing. Your lights would be much more effective and safe if you hung them from over head.

Very cool design.

jason g.

5 Year Member
Tom said:
I love the underground hide area, but can you reach her in there if you needed to? Also, those clamps are notorious for failing. Your lights would be much more effective and safe if you hung them from over head.

Very cool design.

Yeah I can reach her that's the first thing I checked. Plus I have a flash light with her stuff so I can give her a quick check to see how she's doing. As of the lights I seen an enclosure that had what looked to be thick gauge farm fence. I'm gonna copy that and wire the lights to it. Lucky as of the last two weeks my house has stayed in the 80° range. So the only thing I've had to have is the basking light. I'm gonna put a small c-clamp on it till I get the fencing. I can't wait till stuff I ordered gets here.

jason g.

5 Year Member
Rose loves her new enclosure she hasn't slept at all today she's been walking around her enclosure all day not paceing just walking around looking at stuff and laying in the doorway of her enclosure staring at everyone. Lol I wish I would have done this months ago. I'm going to suggest that anyone with a new sully just cut to the chase and get a 59" kiddy pool. It would have saved me a couple of 100 dollars. ;) I was worried she would be stressed out cause I've heard when you change there enclosure they can get very stressed. Not Rose!! She made herself right at home. The only issue I have had was I seen her carrying astick around like a dog. She didn't want to give it up so we played a little game of tug of war. Lol she's so cute; )

Status
Not open for further replies.