New lamp

Mr. RussianTortoise

Location (City and/or State)
NJ
It's quite expensive. I like to buy just regular hardware clamp lamps. They are cheap and work well. But if you were to choose from that, I would choose the second one since the first one doesn't have (I forgot what it's called) that prevents fire also it can only hold up to 40 watts which is a big flaw.

Bear2023

USA Oklahoma
A 'brooder' light from a hardware store is usually a better choice. Every Walmart I've ever looked for them in has had them also. https://bityl.co/OrEU
A 'brooder' light from a hardware store is usually a better choice. Every Walmart I've ever looked for them in has had them also. https://bityl.co/OrEU
Is this UVB and heat?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I don't like the two-in-one fixtures. I prefer to have a fixture on each end, not both together. Like Mr. Russian I use clamp fixtures from the hardware store. I buy the ones with a ceramic base like what's shown in Jaizei's walmart link.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
The type of UVB bulb that fits in those double dome fixtures is not suitable for your tortoise. Especially not mounted in that way. You want a T5 HO 10.0 or 12% linear strip florescent uvb.
Also the fixture is only rated for 40 watts. So very few heat lamps and no CHE could be used in it either.
Save your money.

Mr. RussianTortoise

NJ
Can you send me a link to this?
Don't get messed up between the one that only comes with the arcadia bulbs, It's 40 dollars cheaper and it seems too good to be true and it is, It only comes with the bulb and not the hood so it is useless. There are different lengths of UVB, the shorter the cheaper but your hood should cover half of your enclosure. (I think) You can find the UVB at Reptile basics and other websites.

Bear2023

USA Oklahoma
Don't get messed up between the one that only comes with the arcadia bulbs, It's 40 dollars cheaper and it seems too good to be true and it is, It only comes with the bulb and not the hood so it is useless. There are different lengths of UVB, the shorter the cheaper but your hood should cover half of your enclosure. (I think) You can find the UVB at Reptile basics and other websites.

ecachuh

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sulphur, LA
Is the one I posted for the t5, that is a kit so that has the hood and bulb correct? The one from reptile basics

ecachuh

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sulphur, LA
Also, reptile basics is on Amazon but they are way more expensive on Amazon! Completely the opposite of the way it used to be.