new leopard owner- diet help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

y4433264336

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Maryland
hi, i just purchased a 2.5inches baby leopard.
thats how i plant to feed him/her:
"spring mix" mix with "Organic Herbal Salad Mix "( it contains Timothy Hay,lavender flowers,Oat Hay,Red Clover,Strawberry leaf,Chamomile blossoms,Dandelion and leaf Plantain Leaf) on everyday, add some mazuri 2-3 times a week. plus TNT twice a week.

hows that sounds?

thanks...............

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I don't own a leopard (yet) but that diet sounds pretty good.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
I don't keep leopards personally...but have a huge interest in their care....and what you outlined sounds bang on.....:D. and really yummy too

Tortoise

10 Year Member!
Canada
Wow sounds very varied. can you buy such a mixed salad/herb mix year round(or is it your own mix). The best we get is organic Spring mix lettuce with various lettuce types. That is any time of year.
At least in Summer we can harvest our fresh weeds etc.(but now we are white over as of Sunday!!!:(:(

Sounds like you are carefully selecting the right diet.
What is TNT?

Best of luck with your new baby!

y4433264336

5 Year Member
Maryland
Tortoise said:
Wow sounds very varied. can you buy such a mixed salad/herb mix year round(or is it your own mix). The best we get is organic Spring mix lettuce with various lettuce types. That is any time of year.
At least in Summer we can harvest our fresh weeds etc.(but now we are white over as of Sunday!!!:(:(

What is TNT?

i bought Organic Herbal Salad Mix at carolinapetsupply.com and i guess its all year around. but im only feed them herbal salad mix on winter time.. ill plant "Grazing Tortoise Seed Mix" at spring. so he/she can graze out there...
here's the web for seed:
http://www.carolinapetsupply.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=179

and TNT is Total Nutrition for Tortoises that made by carolinapetsupply....

Tortoise

10 Year Member!
Canada
y4433264336 said:
Tortoise said:

What is TNT?

i bought Organic Herbal Salad Mix at carolinapetsupply.com and i guess its all year around. but im only feed them herbal salad mix on winter time.. ill plant "Grazing Tortoise Seed Mix" at spring. so he/she cant graze out there...
here's the web for seed:
http://www.carolinapetsupply.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=179

and TNT is Total Nutrition for Tortoises that made by carolinapetsupply....
Oh I think I have the TNT for my Hermanns-just didn't know what it was called-green fine powder? A friend got it for me and it was from the US i think.
Thanks for clarifying that.
Thanks for the link for seeds too.

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Diet sounds good.

A lot of people on the forum, myself included, have had a lot of good experience feeding Mazuri to our leopards.

y4433264336

5 Year Member
Maryland
Neal said:
Diet sounds good.

A lot of people on the forum, myself included, have had a lot of good experience feeding Mazuri to our leopards.

thanks Neal,
is that okay im giving TNT twice a week?
im using zoomed MVB.. and its on 11hours a day...

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
y4433264336 said:

Sounds like you know what you're doing! :)

I've forgotten all the good stuff they have at carolinapetsupply. Thanks for posting and reminding me, time to place an order!

Greg T

10 Year Member!
League City, TX
you diet and plans are just right for a leo. I feed mine similarly, although not as well apparently, and they are growing and active. Lettuces and a mix of mazuri is a great combination that works well for me. Try to get him out in the sunshine several time s a week if you can.

y4433264336

5 Year Member
Maryland
Neal said:
y4433264336 said:

Sounds like you know what you're doing! :)

I've forgotten all the good stuff they have at carolinapetsupply. Thanks for posting and reminding me, time to place an order!

oh one more quick question for you`` sorry..
im using zoomed powersun 100W for my little baby leopard, can he/she get D3 from zoomed powersun mvb??? or i still need to give him/she powder with D3?

y4433264336

5 Year Member
Maryland
Greg T said:
you diet and plans are just right for a leo. I feed mine similarly, although not as well apparently, and they are growing and active. Lettuces and a mix of mazuri is a great combination that works well for me. Try to get him out in the sunshine several time s a week if you can.

thanks for the help`````
one of my friend told me that leopard get diarrhoea easily`` is that ture???
how can i prevent it happen??

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
y4433264336 said:
im using zoomed powersun 100W for my little baby leopard, can he/she get D3 from zoomed powersun mvb??? or i still need to give him/she powder with D3?

If you are not getting your tortoise outside at all...I think it would be good to have some calcium with D3, I wouldn't use it as often as the type without D3...maybe once a week or two. If your tortoise is getting outside, even just one day a week, I don't think there is much need for the D3.

y4433264336

5 Year Member
Maryland
Neal said:
y4433264336 said:

If you are not getting your tortoise outside at all...I think it would be good to have some calcium with D3, I wouldn't use it as often as the type without D3...maybe once a week or two. If your tortoise is getting outside, even just one day a week, I don't think there is much need for the D3.

but im using zoomed mvb ``` can leopard get D3 from it??

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
y4433264336 said:

Yes, and it's probably enough...but a little bit extra here and there is something we do, and it has worked well for us so that is what I recommend. Whether that's too much or not enough, it's difficult to determine.

y4433264336

5 Year Member
Maryland
Neal said:
y4433264336 said:

Yes, and it's probably enough...but a little bit extra here and there is something we do, and it has worked well for us so that is what I recommend. Whether that's too much or not enough, it's difficult to determine.

okay`` thats how i plant, " TNT twice a week and cuttlebone once a week....

one of my friend told me that leopard get diarrhoea easily`` is that ture???
how can i prevent it happen??

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
We've raised quite a few, and I've only seen this in one of our tortoises...just recently too. I can't comment if they are more prone to it than another species of tortoise, but, as with all ailments, good consistent overall husbandry should eliminate any serious issues. Specifically with diahrea, higher protein foods like alfalfa or mazuri should help.

y4433264336

5 Year Member
Maryland
Neal said:
We've raised quite a few, and I've only seen this in one of our tortoises...just recently too. I can't comment if they are more prone to it than another species of tortoise, but, as with all ailments, good consistent overall husbandry should eliminate any serious issues. Specifically with diahrea, higher protein foods like alfalfa or mazuri should help.

Hi Neal``
my leopard got diarrhoea!!!!!! what should i do???

pk2610

5 Year Member
My little leopard baby that died recently had diahrea when I first got him... then his ate very slow and little.. he was very light and did not gain weight since I had him. So finally, I lost him. I regret that I was not alarmed by these symptoms and took him to the vet. May be I could have saved him.

Status
Not open for further replies.