New Leopard tortoise group!

teresaf

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Port Charlotte, Florida
Yes the second one was better quality. Baby leopards for some reason are the cutest things. Cuter than my Burmese mountain tortoises. The way I raise my babies was after weighing them weekly whoever wasn't gaining as much as the other would get extra special treatment. For instance if one didn't gain quite as much I wouldn't let him walk away from his food the next week. In my case it tended to be the same one most of the time... In your case it might switch back and forth between the two smaller ones...

Ramsey

5 Year Member
San Diego California
Have you noticed some major differences in personalities?

Funny how drastically different they can be.

Peliroja32

Biloxi, Mississippi
20171125_183331.jpg20171126_094658.jpg
So here's something these gals (hopefully speaking) have started doing, they have been lining up....in a certain order.
One time i gave them fresh food because it was looking a little dry and yucky and one looked like she may have been headed that way, well i look in after a few minutes and here they are all three lined up eating mazuri and ignoring all of the rest

Then the next morning during their soak, i place them each in a corner of the bowl and look back after a minute and here they are all lined up in the same order.

This is weird, i do the same with soaks as i do with food, when i place them on the food rock its each on a different side, and soaks the same

Peliroja32

Biloxi, Mississippi
Oh yeah! Thanks to my daughters we have found names. Looking at the schute behind their heads.... one dot is now SELENA because thats what my youngest daughter Maria says because thats her middle name and that one is her favorite.
Then we have no dot who is now ROSY because my daughter Carina's middle name is Rosario and she likes that tortoise so she said thats Rosy.
Two dots was supposed to be pretty pegasus but i told them that would be kinda silly to name a tortoise pegasus, so we settled on PINKIE PIE

Ramsey

5 Year Member
San Diego California
How funny. Same story with a couple of our torts.

One is named Pinkie Pie and the other is Twilight.

Your little creatures look wonderful. Glad you're having better luck with this group. Keep sending photos.