New Leopard tortoise group!

teresaf

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Port Charlotte, Florida
She told me that they aren't eating the mazuri yet but they might be now. I suggested that she squish it in with the greens. All 3 are gaining weight so that's good...

Peliroja32

Biloxi, Mississippi
They have finally realized that mazuri is food, i have actually seen one fully munching on it, the other two still kinda nibble

Ramsey

5 Year Member
San Diego California
They have finally realized that mazuri is food, i have actually seen one fully munching on it, the other two still kinda nibble

One thing you can do is use a Ninja or some other device to chop up greens and mix the Mazuri in with it. I do that for one of my picky torts. Works great.

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
South of Southern California, but not Mexico
Cool to hear they are taking to the Mazuri. Once in a great while (about once a month) they would get microwave prepared hard-boiled egg.

A little water in a ceramic safe microwave dish, beat the water into the egg and then 'nuke' it for about two minutes. Two eggs would be mixed into about 10 pounds of greens. So not practical is so small an amount, but once in awhile if you make egg salad sandwiches, a very small amount of plain egg is a good thing. Similar to that occasional bug they may eat as they graze, for protein and all.

Peliroja32

Biloxi, Mississippi
Cool to hear they are taking to the Mazuri. Once in a great while (about once a month) they would get microwave prepared hard-boiled egg.

A little water in a ceramic safe microwave dish, beat the water into the egg and then 'nuke' it for about two minutes. Two eggs would be mixed into about 10 pounds of greens. So not practical is so small an amount, but once in awhile if you make egg salad sandwiches, a very small amount of plain egg is a good thing. Similar to that occasional bug they may eat as they graze, for protein and all.
Ok cool i will do that

Peliroja32

Biloxi, Mississippi
20171120_191422.jpg
Two of the torts enjoying some squash, the other one walked off before i thought to take a pic. Then i put her back and did a video but it wont let me upload :(