New lighter patches on shell.

Poisondwarf

Location (City and/or State)
Ashton-under-Lyne
Hi my sulcata tortoise Angus seems to be doing really well and growing at a steady rate, he's put on 359g in June and has turned one with a total weight of 1409g. So I'm not particularly concerned about his growth and seems to be in good health and looking forward to getting in his new enclosure. But a month or so ago I noticed small lighter patches popping up in the corners between his top scutes. A couple of days ago a really white patch popped up up front. Should I be concerned or is this some what normal? I was worried it was his lamps causing it but they are out of the way of his shell and I've kept my hand underneath them closer than he can get without burning myself. Here are his temps and humidity. Humidity in back (table top at the moment will get him in new enclosure next week) 79, basking lamp 41⁰c, moonlight lamp in hide 33⁰c.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated ? and thank you in advance. I have done a quick search on forum for similar threads but not found anything that matches so I thought I'm better off asking.

Attachments

• IMG_20210702_080106.jpg
    IMG_20210702_080106.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 38
  • IMG_20210701_105904.jpg
    IMG_20210701_105904.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 38

Poisondwarf

Ashton-under-Lyne
mine is outdoors?
Does yours have these patch's or little white spots? Mine was cause my basking lamp and he's healing nicely now. Some have gone completely and others are only just visible. They're burns from a heat source being too close if yours has these marks, raise their heat source so it's not too close. Hope it helps x

Rstalder

CA
very short time under heat lamp..usually outdoors in shady area as its hot here in La Quinta CA ie: 100 degrees
I spray and mist the area constantly..