New Member from Central Florida

tbiehl

Good afternoon everyone - Just wanted to drop a quick hello and say I am so happy to be a part of this great forum. I am a wildlife biologist by training, but spend most of my time doing environmental eduation these days. I have always had a passion for turtles and tortoises. I am looking to adopt any large tortoises that need a healthy and safe home in Florida. We have a large back yard, completly enclosed with several areas that can be separated off and space inside incase weather is not desirable. Thank you to everyone that shares their knowledge of tortoise care on the forum and I am all ears if a tortoise is need of a good home, happy tracks to you all!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Welcome to the Forum! Too bad you don't live in the Central Valley of California. I have a 100+lb sulcata looking for a home...but I won't ship.

Good luck in your search. You might contact @ALDABRAMAN. He raises Aldabra tortoises, but people give him all kinds of other tortoises that he has to find homes for. He's also in Florida.

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Hello and welcome to the TFO from AZ . Good luck with your search .

Sent from my iPhone using TortForum

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Welcome! There's plenty of sulcatas needing homes if you look around you'll find one or one hundreds needing homes .

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Hello and Welcome. best wishes to you and new tortoise.

Welcome!!

Zab34

Welcome Im also from Central Fla, near Apopka. Im looking to get a nice baby sulcata. Best wishes on your hunt.

TeguBuzz

5 Year Member
Texas
Not sure how close this is to you, and you've probably seen it already. Craigslist isn't usually my go-to place, but every now and then you come across a well cared for Sulcata that is large and in need of a new home.

http://spacecoast.craigslist.org/grd/4590576860.html

Hope that helps, I love buying local because I can see the animal in person to make sure all possible visual concerns check out. The male in that ad looks pretty nice, as far as shell goes - slight pyramiding but stunning overall.