New Member from Oklahoma

Status
Not open for further replies.

George the box turtle

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Hi! Me and my turtle George are native Oklahomans :0). I caught my turtle in my yard 11 years ago when I was just a kid. Now I'm graduating college and realizing that the lil guy is such a trooper and needs better care than he's been given the majority of his life. Yes, i'm acknowledging that I was a stupid kid that should have never taken him out of my yard, but I've been trying to spoil him for the last year and give him everything his little turtle heart desires from here on out. I even make his dinner fresh in a food processor every night :0) In any case, I hope that I can learn alot from you guys and furthermore just share in the love of turtles with other turtle enthusiasts.

JD

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
NJ
Welcome to the forum! We love pictures.

Itort

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Iowa
Welcome, do you know what kind of box turtle you have? That will help with care suggeations.

George the box turtle

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
I'm not sure, I've done some research on it and I'm at a loss...I just don't know. But here's a pic of the lil guy feasting on tomatos. I'd love to hear what anyone thinks he might be. :0)

JD

Attachments

• SZyummy in my tummy.bmp
    225.1 KB · Views: 28
  • SZgeorge 2.bmp
    225.1 KB · Views: 23
  • SZgeorge on the go.bmp
    225.1 KB · Views: 19

micki

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
uk
hi and welcome to the forum.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Hi and welcome! Looking like a Three-toed to me.

Jentortmom

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Hello, and welcome to TFO, George is a very cute three toed boxie, If you take a picture of his plastron(bottom) and tail area we can tell you if george is truly a male. Welcome to TFO. A good site for care instructions is www.boxturtlesite.info , again welcome aboard!!

Status
Not open for further replies.