New member Intro From Jupiter

MKNOX

Location (City and/or State)
Jupiter Florida
Good Morning every one. I am 52 years old and have been involved in reptile husbandry for over 30 years. I currently own 4 sulcatas ranging from 4" to roughly 24". I have worked proffessionally with galapagos and aldaberas, I just cant afford one!!! LOL. Maybe someday! My sulcatas live in outdoor enclosures most of the time. The big guy has a 24'x36' enclosure with lots of grass and a 4'x4' hide box with radiant heat. The little guys have a 8'x8' grass enclosure with a 2'x2' hide box with radiant heat. Hoping one of the little ones turns out to be female. I have a farm in north florida and cant wait to get them up there as they will have a 1 acre enclosure that is pasture grass and will share it with a few pygmy goats.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Welcome to the Forum!

Tim Carlisle

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Cincinnati, OH
Welcome! I love seeing new folks with professional experience.

MKNOX

Jupiter Florida
Welcome! I'd love to see details on your radiant heat !
I use the heaters that screw into a light bulb fixture. I have 2 clamp lamps mounted in the peak of his hide hut. That keep the temperature in the mid 90's inside the hut on the side they are mounted on and in the high 80's in the rest of the hut. I have a heavy duty floor mat mounted over the entrance and cut into 8" wide strips. This seems to work well for holding in heat and moisture but allows him easy ingress and egress to the hut. He has dug a pit on the side where the heat source is and spends his nights there.