New member of the herd!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsphr90

5 Year Member
Hey guys! Just wanted to share my excitement, My "herd" as a new member, a little leo hatchling! for now I'm calling it "Leo Di Bango" or Leo for short.

Pics as soon as I get back from work! :D

coreyc

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Massachusetts
Congrat's on Leo Di Bango :) looking forward to seeing some pic's

jsphr90

5 Year Member
Sorry for the delay everyone, but here are some pictures at last!

28b8e87.jpg

fe14jr.jpg

e8tifo.jpg

There you have it folks!, last picture special guest appearance by my redfoot :p

SnakeyeZ

5 Year Member
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Beautiful tort! I love the patterns on young leonardo's!

I would however keep separated from your other tortoises until you are 100% sure it has a clean bill of health. :)

jsphr90

5 Year Member
SnakeyeZ said:
Beautiful tort! I love the patterns on young leonardo's!

I would however keep separated from your other tortoises until you are 100% sure it has a clean bill of health. :)

oh yeah, they live in separate enclosures, I just did that for the picture, I was inspired by another users signature picture :p cant remember whose though. And leo is too small to roam the backyard free, I just take his tank out there so he can still get some natural light, the tank also has a mesh lid to keep predators out, but im out there with both of them anyway. Its nice to just sit and watch them do their thing :D

SnakeyeZ

5 Year Member
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Cool... just watch with glass and the sun also. It can become a magnifying glass and could toast your little guy.

Thanks for sharing.

jsphr90

5 Year Member
SnakeyeZ said:
Cool... just watch with glass and the sun also. It can become a magnifying glass and could toast your little guy.

Thanks for sharing.

I will definitely keep that in mind, thanks. I do try and keep a little bit of in the shade too, for that and so he can escape the heat

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Do you know the origins of your little guy's parents?

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Looks like you have a hybrid, I'd also like to know where you got him from.

jsphr90

5 Year Member
I got him from this reptile shop by my house in rancho cucamonga, so cal, called reptile island, they have stores in yorba linda and stanton if that helps ring a bell, also the owners name is chris. He and I got to talkin' and he said he was and the rancho store were "tort people". He also said the hatchlings parents were PP :D

Melly-n-shorty

5 Year Member
Phoenix Arizona
Such a cute little Leo! I keep seeing all these amazing looking tortoise and I have to keep telling myself: "one tortoise is enough Melissa"

it will be fun to see how he or she develops!

jsphr90

5 Year Member
That's how I was originally, and then I agreed to babysit spikethebest's Russian while he's away at flight school, and then after lurking the leopard forums got the bug! >:p

Status
Not open for further replies.