New mom of a Red Foot named Scout

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scout Mom

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
NW of Chicago
Hello Everyone,

I recently got a Red Footed Tortoise, his name is Scout and he is estimated to be 2yrs old. He is so happy and playful. He is living in a glass aquarium for now, we are building him a tortoise table. Until his table is built I have been letting him out a few times a day to run around and play in my kitchen under supervision, he seems to really love the open space, exploring and exercise. He looks and seems very healthy, he is really a lover. I soak and bathe him about every other day and he has a soaking bowl in his tank. I have been feeding him mostly romaine lettuce with some different fruits and veggies mixed in. I also fed him a part of a hard boiled egg, he loved it. I've been sprinkling his food with the calcium / vitamin powder, he doesn't even seem to notice a difference. I am severly allergic to animals so I am super excited to be able to finally have a pet to love and care for. I've been reading different posts on here for the past few weeks and have really learned a lot, thank you to everyone that I was able to learn from and I hope I can help others in the future.

Valery - Scout Mom :tort:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Valery:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

May we know appx. where in the world you are?

Scout Mom

5 Year Member
NW of Chicago
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome.
I live about 60 miles NW of Chicago, out in the country surrounded by farms and a beautiful lake. 8 miles from the Wisconsin border going into Lake Geneva.

Status
Not open for further replies.