New Outdoor Russian Enclosure!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarissaRelf

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Oregon
This is kind of ghetto but it's what I could do with my lack of funds. Does it need anything else? I do plan on adding more plants :)

Attachments

• 1371499470201.jpg
    1371499470201.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 138

hunterk997

10 Year Member!
Wayland, NY
I think it looks great! I am doing this soon too and you just gave me some good ideas. Good job

Sent from my Ipod using the tortoiseforum app

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I think it will work just fine. Up in OR this might work, but watch the temps under your shady section. Down here, that would heat up like an oven on a 100 degree day, but you might be okay up there. Got a temp gun?

MarissaRelf

5 Year Member
Oregon
Tom said:
I think it will work just fine. Up in OR this might work, but watch the temps under your shady section. Down here, that would heat up like an oven on a 100 degree day, but you might be okay up there. Got a temp gun?

Up here we rarely get over 85 and if we do its for maybe a week in late August. Unfortunately I don't have a temp gun :/ if this is going to heat up like an oven what alternative would you recommend? Thanks :)

EchoTheLeoTort

5 Year Member
United States
I think Tom told me previously that putting wood for shade right over the enclosure is what heats it up like an oven, so if you raise it maybe like 4 feet above, or find a tree or bush to put the enclosure under, it will provide shade instead of heating it up. (sorry Tom, trying to answer her sooner) Anyway, I think your enclosure looks nice, and trust me, there are way worse out door enclosures out there that are definitely not adequate for a tortoise or any living thing. Nice work, and nice name ;) Our parents picked the best name :D

wiccan_chicken

5 Year Member
Georgia
I have a kiddie pool as an out door enclosure as well, I just need some mesh to put over it and we are good to go! Not as fancy lookin as yours ;)

WillTort2

5 Year Member
Might want to add some hardware cloth ( I like the 1/2" squares) to the top to prevent skunks etc from getting thru. Tie it directly to the heavy black wire you already have.

Status
Not open for further replies.