new owner. all info welcomed please!

SarahChelonoidis

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Toronto, Canada
I'm
going to look online for a bigger home and when we say expensive do we mean like a thousand dollars or a few hundred dollars. I have a bOnus check from work coming up this FridayI have a few hundred dollars I could spend on a new home now.

Build one yourself. It'll be much, much cheaper. A few hundred dollars will build you a much larger and nicer home than it can buy premade.

Angel Carrion

Douglassville, PA
I'm
going to look online for a bigger home and when we say expensive do we mean like a thousand dollars or a few hundred dollars. I have a bOnus check from work coming up this FridayI have a few hundred dollars I could spend on a new home now. also with the UVA and UVB light that I have can I plant live plants in there like petunia or will they not grow the pet store told me not to plan anything real as she would just eat it but I would like to make her feel as much at home as possible
I've never seen one for a thousand. Usually a hundred to a couple hundred for a good one.
It would be cheaper to build one yourself, honestly, but it's good to look around to get ideas.

krystynefox

unfortunately I myself would never be able to put like that Together I have trouble with my children's toys that require being put together my grandpa on the other hand builds motorcycles and I'm sure he could help me build aHome is there any sites for help to build them or what I would need to build them

johnsonnboswell

5 Year Member
I've never seen one for sale that was large enough - except maybe the large waterland tubs, and they're expensive.

Stock tanks from tractor supply company or similar stores are good. Rubbermaid tubs are good, and you can cut through to join two together. Build your own wooden one, use a raised garden bed kit (on sale the end if the summer) or convert furniture, bookcases or entertainment centers. Home Depot will cut most of your lumber to size. They won't do fine cuts.

My best indoor habitat is a converted This End Up couch that I got free. I put wheels on & plexi front window View attachment ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1439399159.843432.jpg

Angel Carrion

Douglassville, PA
I've never seen one for sale that was large enough - except maybe the large waterland tubs, and they're expensive.

Stock tanks from tractor supply company or similar stores are good. Rubbermaid tubs are good, and you can cut through to join two together. Build your own wooden one, use a raised garden bed kit (on sale the end if the summer) or convert furniture, bookcases or entertainment centers. Home Depot will cut most of your lumber to size. They won't do fine cuts.

My best indoor habitat is a converted This End Up couch that I got free. I put wheels on & plexi front window View attachment 143206
That is a really nice one, I like it very much. Looks great!

Angel Carrion

Douglassville, PA
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...e=as2&tag=bturtlew-20&linkId=CS4MW64H6V7VZCQE

Some people but two of these and connect them to create one bigger enclosure. One thing about this Tort House is that the wood isn't sealed, so you would need to seal it or it could mold. One good thing about it though is that you can take it outside as is and place it on the ground to have the natural sun shine down on it for an hour or so.

Eric Phillips

5 Year Member
Ohio
Some on here have purchased plastic raised garden beds for indoor enclosure. You can check them out on the indoor enclosure tab. I think they go around $80-$100. I built my own and I think I have around $60 in it not including the lights. I will post a pic when I get home. Right now at the end of the year garden stuff is on sale so you might be able to find something that will work. Use your imagination and look for sales. People use old book shelves or TV stands, concrete mixing tubs, kiddie pools, old frig gutted out,etc. there are numerous cheap enclosures that look great. Just takes some imagination, tlc, and some handy tools. Check out the enclosure tabs on here.

Angel Carrion

Douglassville, PA
Some on here have purchased plastic raised garden beds for indoor enclosure. You can check them out on the indoor enclosure tab. I think they go around $80-$100. I built my own and I think I have around $60 in it not including the lights. I will post a pic when I get home. Right now at the end of the year garden stuff is on sale so you might be able to find something that will work. Use your imagination and look for sales. People use old book shelves or TV stands, concrete mixing tubs, kiddie pools, old frig gutted out,etc. there are numerous cheap enclosures that look great. Just takes some imagination, tlc, and some handy tools. Check out the enclosure tabs on here.
....There's an indoor enclosure tab? I knew about the outdoor one because I got tagged in it when I first joined but I didn't know about the indoor one. I need to check this out! Look, I learned something new. Thank you, Eric! :D

Eric Phillips

5 Year Member
Ohio
photo%202_zpsryg1fs0q.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
photo%204_zpswchx9qu5.jpg

This was incorporated into my drafting table. I used it for my yearling or juveniles. Like I said maybe I had $60 at most. The middle section was a removable acrylic top so it was a closed chamber. I only use it in the winter time. Even my young ones stay in a locked, covered outdoor enclosure during the summer.

Angel Carrion

Douglassville, PA
[/URL][/IMG]
photo%204_zpswchx9qu5.jpg

This was incorporated into my drafting table. I used it for my yearling or juveniles. Like I said maybe I had $60 at most. The middle section was a removable acrylic top so it was a closed chamber. I only use it in the winter time. Even my young ones stay in a locked, covered outdoor enclosure during the summer.
That looks so awesome.