New owner in the OC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lisa Anne

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Anaheim, CA 92806
Hi everyone, I am the happy owner of two CA Dessert Torts. I got them from a backyard breeder and they hatched 9/28/10. I recevied them on 11/17 and they both weighed under 50 grams. I have been reading the forum since the day they came home but never introduced myself.

Their names are Click and Clack the Turtle Brothers. Of course, they are much to young to be sexed but I like the alliteration. Click is the bigger one and weighed in at 90 grams on 1/5/11. The little one Clack weighed in at 63 grams.

#4.JPG
#5.JPG
#A.JPG
#b.JPG

I just got them a new underbed tub at Ikea and am going to move them to their bigger home. They are in a tank right now. I have plans for a kiddie pool outside once the weather settles down.

Yvonne, my name is Lisa and I am in Anaheim. You read my one and only Off-topic post and have shamed me into formally introducing myself.

I have had cats, dogs, birds, guinea pigs, rats, hamsters, fish, children and have a husband but these two are my first reptiles. There is so much to learn!!!

Lisa

Last edited by a moderator:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
LOL!! Hi Lisa:

Your tortoises are very cute...and looking at the background to their enclosure I see that the time you spent "lurking" has been well spent! I see a humid hide, good greens, nice substrate! Good job!!

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
Welcome. They are so cute. They look like my Bob and Shelby. I just love my CDTs. You will learn so much here!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hello and welcome. 90 grams? That's huge for their age. Mine are half that size at close to the same age. I thought mine were doing well. They look great.

Status
Not open for further replies.