Another mazuri convert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lisa Anne

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Anaheim, CA 92806
One of my CDTs is growing a lot slower then the other. On 5/1 they were 205g and 96g. Members suggested bullying and Yvonne suggested visual barriers. I put in the barriers like she suggested and have had some growth. They are now 230g and 107g. They have been on Spring mix, cactus, dandilion, grazing weeds. I finally broke down and decided to try some Mazuri from Cory and I got it this week. I was going to feed them Mazuri every couple of days so I only gave them their greens this morning in different bowls. The little one, Clack, was done pretty fast and the big one, Click, kept on eating. I decided to try some Mazuri and Click ate FIVE all by himself AFTER he had already eaten greens and cactus. He is sound asleep soaking right now after his big meal. Click cleaned up his greens, ate some Mazuri and fell alseep in the food dish. Now that I know Clack really really like the Mazuri I hope to see him sprouting like a weed.

Lisa

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Keep us posted. I'd love to see how this makes things go for you down the road.

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
Thats good to hear, and its always nice to have an alternative food resource...

armandoarturo

5 Year Member
Mexico
I have 3 DT that are 6 years old, and they all different sizes and weights, and they are really really healthy.
I dont have any concern about size, as long as they are healthy and have a nice firm carapace and plastorn =)
dont worry they are all different organisms, not all of them will be exact as the rest.
(you dont have to worry at all, As long as the little guy its healthy, eating well, and having a good care ofcourse! )

show us some pictures... we love pictures :p

GeoTerraTestudo

5 Year Member
Broomfield, Colorado
My redfoot used to love Mazuri tortoise diet. For our Russians, we got some grassland proprietary pellets from the pet store, but they are not eating it. So, I ordered some Mazuri for them, and should be receiving it in a few days. We'll see how much they like it.

armandoarturo

5 Year Member
Mexico
They love mazuri..
Some of them dont recognize it as a food, but some others do right at the moment.
The ones that dont recognize it, will get used to it in a couple of days / weeks....
I also mix wet mazuri with calcium... they wont notice it xD
dont forget to keep offering other greens and veggies

Status
Not open for further replies.