New owner of Russian tortoise

Russianpenelope98

Location (City and/or State)
Nampa, idaho
I just got a young Russian tortoise and she has no interest in eating so far. I wanna leaver her alone as I’m assuming she needs time in her new area. But she isn’t walking much.. stayed in the hide all night and had no interest in her food. So I was wondering should I be worried or just let her be? Does it take them time to wanna eat in a new place?
Thanks for the help in advance:)

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
Welcome and be patient also have you read our care sheet and our quick care guide? BTW where did you get yours as often Petshops misrepresent the age and you could actually have an adult
1597603135181.png

Russianpenelope98

Nampa, idaho
Welcome and be patient also have you read our care sheet and our quick care guide? BTW where did you get yours as often Petshops misrepresent the age and you could actually have an adult
View attachment 303663
View attachment 303663
Thank u! Yes I’ve read this and I feel like so much lol... I’m just a worry wart and want her to be happy... I’ve only had her 24 hrs but she hasn’t shown any interest in eating... so I’m hoping it’s just due to the new enclosure. She was very active the moment I got her but now not as much. Just basking and at night she did go to the hide side

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
Just soak her daily for 30 mins in warm (90 degrees) water and offer food immediately after. Did they say what they had been feeding her? For my Russian Mazuri Food or Plantain Weed are his favorites

Reactions: Ink

Golden Greek Tortoise 567

Colorado Springs,CO
This is our care sheet for them, you’ll find it very helpful...