New Pic, Hatchling Leopard

BrandyBacklash

Location (City and/or State)
Pennsylvania, US
Got a nice clear pic of boyfriends new hatchling I spoke of yesterday. Post first bath with us. She was very interested in the paper towel (all of those pics got blurry.) I dont remember if I said but we named her Chaos.

Right now shes in a 30 breeder with mainly coco coir, with moss in the corners and in her hides. He hooked up the uv bulb today, along with a basking bulb and a purple bulb for the night. This is a temporary home until we figure out what exactly she should go in. Its between hooking up a 75 gal with a custom wood lid to retain heat and humidity, or a tree box (roughly same length and width) with modified lid.

Opinions on which is better? we already have the 75 gal, but they still have tree boxes at walmart. Personally I think tree box is better, easier to clean and lift on your own. frosted clear sides so its not as distracting for her as glass.

Attachments

• tumblr_n0e27z3Hfk1rgerg1o1_500.jpg
    tumblr_n0e27z3Hfk1rgerg1o1_500.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 96

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Very cute. If you go with the plastic boxes, you can easily cut a hole in two of them and join them together with a tunnel of some sort when you need to or want too add more room. Yes, also much easier to take outside during the summer, while tort is grazing in the sun, and give it a good washout. Also, if you want, you can even cut a window in it and place plexiglass over the cut out. That way you will still be able too watch him.

BrandyBacklash

Pennsylvania, US
wellington said:
Very cute. If you go with the plastic boxes, you can easily cut a hole in two of them and join them together with a tunnel of some sort when you need to or want too add more room. Yes, also much easier to take outside during the summer, while tort is grazing in the sun, and give it a good washout. Also, if you want, you can even cut a window in it and place plexiglass over the cut out. That way you will still be able too watch him.

I will relay this info ;) Thank you.

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
I vote for the 75 gallon tank. I have both a glass tank chamber and a Christmas tote chamber. I prefer looking into the clear glass. None of the leopard hatchlings I've housed have ever had a problem with the clear sides. I keep it very "busy" inside with lots of plants, rocks and stuff to move around and over. Maybe that has helped.

Congrats of the new baby. :)

BrandyBacklash

Pennsylvania, US
Team Gomberg said:
I vote for the 75 gallon tank. I have both a glass tank chamber and a Christmas tote chamber. I prefer looking into the clear glass. None of the leopard hatchlings I've housed have ever had a problem with the clear sides. I keep it very "busy" inside with lots of plants, rocks and stuff to move around and over. Maybe that has helped.

Congrats of the new baby. :)
Also noted :) and thanks! Its not mine but that doesnt mean i wont love on it every weekend im there haha. Its ultimately his decision on tank or tub but i thought itd be great to get input from you lovely seasoned folks. This is our first tiny one. He has a russian thats about 5 inches or so. I have a 7 inch redfoot. So this thing is definitellyyyyy.....little haha