New Russian tortoise mom

Status
Not open for further replies.

abigailandemily

5 Year Member
I recently (about a month ago) got two Russians, Abigail and Emily. I was going to keep them in a huge fish tank, 180 gallons, but when I got the first one home, it still seemed small. So I built a box for my patio. Its 8' x 3' with sides that are 3' tall. Four bags of organic soil and several edible plants make it really pretty. They both seem to be having a grand time exploring. I have several flatish river rocks for them to climb and several types of hides - a wicker tunnel and a house from concrete bricks. I got one from an independent pet store and one from petsmart. I was not aware of the problem with wild caught. I have no idea where these came from. I feel bad that I was not more aware. But they are mine now and I want to provide them with the best possible quality of life that I can. They are great to watch and I'm having so much fun trying to create a great healthy environment for them.
How do you post pictures. I tried from my phone but it said file error?

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
Hi and welcome! Please do not feel bad, every tortoise in this forum came either directly or indirectly from the wild. Once those Russians you bought were taken from the wild, they could not go back. Now should they sit and die in a pet store, because they were unlucky to get caught? I think not. I think it is unfair to make examples out of them. With you, they will hopefully do well and who knows, some day you may breed them and thus be able to offer captive born tortoises to others keeping their genes around for future generations.

I can not personally help you with downloading pictures from a phone, but I am sure somebody will be along soon who has done it and can give real help. Meantime, welcome!! :tort:

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and WELCOME.:D. Sorry I don't do phones either. Someone will be able to help you soon though.

blafiriravt

5 Year Member
Vermont
I use an iPhone, with the tortoise forum app. Are you using a smartphone, or a phone with internet capabilities connected to TFO?
Welcome by the way :) Can't wait to see the Russians!

TortoiseBoy1999

5 Year Member
Palmdale CA
Welcome! And you upload pictures from the app by clicking that plus button on the top right corner ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.