Not open for further replies.

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
I'm sorry but I don't want you to forget
There are many sick people in this world but as a grandpa I feel I need to
Talk to you about your safety and by
What you said now your 20yr old son
Said he would do the same
Your alone at the river bed you could be hurt or killed and now your son said he would do the same
I'm sorry I know you ment well
But now your son thinks it's the right thing to do. Please if you must call
The police. And let them do their job
That's the most I've said on the forum

TortyTom

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Houston / Webster, TX
Grandpa Turtle 144 said:
I'm sorry but I don't want you to forget
There are many sick people in this world but as a grandpa I feel I need to
Talk to you about your safety and by
What you said now your 20yr old son
Said he would do the same
Your alone at the river bed you could be hurt or killed and now your son said he would do the same
I'm sorry I know you ment well
But now your son thinks it's the right thing to do. Please if you must call
The police. And let them do their job
That's the most I've said on the forum

I hear what you're saying and respect every word of it. I pride myself on not being Billy bad *** lol I did assess the situation and new it was a pellet gun. Now if it would have been grown men, I as well as my son would have known not to get involved. But yes I understand what you are saying. Anything can happen in a heartbeat. It may not have been the smartest thing to do but I was there and I couldn't just not do anything!

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Please don't make lite of calling the police as doing nothing they are good at what they do
Sorry I really hope the adults of tommarrow will learn to let the police
Handle problems so their here to teach
Their children to be adults
And please. I'm not saying your wrong
But give it some thought. Good luck

TortyTom

5 Year Member
Houston / Webster, TX
Grandpa Turtle 144 said:
Please don't make lite of calling the police as doing nothing they are good at what they do
Sorry I really hope the adults of tommarrow will learn to let the police
Handle problems so their here to teach
Their children to be adults
And please. I'm not saying your wrong
But give it some thought. Good luck

Once again I hear what you are saying and respect it but most the cops around here are less then honorable. Also in the 35 minuets it would take them to respond (if they would respond to a call such as this?) the guys would have been gone and they wouldn't have just let me take the turtle to save it. I respect the Police, My father was the Chief of Police. But in the community I live in, some of the officers are as corrupt as the bad guys. But anyway I don't want this to turn into a debate about the police. I just wanted to share the story. God Bless and have a wonderful evening!

gieseygirly

5 Year Member
Ohio
sibi said:
I doubt those guys are gonna make an issue of this. They were shooting reptiles! They'll have to admit that before making a complaint. Good for you. Be careful next time. They could have had a semi-automatic and shot you. This world is going to hell in a hand basket.

I agree. They'll get in trouble before you do because of what they were doing. Pansies/cowards like that won't say a word for fear of the trouble they might get their selves into. What horrible acts. I'd love to find the parents of these kids.

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
The parents are probably really good people but they will still side with their children
When they could teach their children
The right thing
Thank you I think I learned something
Have a great day

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
I think you did what was right. Sometimes this world has learned to look down and "sadly" shake their head while doing nothing more....you did right and I believe your son will always have respect for what you did .....a memory goes on forever....when you are an old man and your son encounters something that recalls this story...you better believe he will have a feeling of goodness that you stood for something....and taught him that as well.

BeeBee*BeeLeaves

5 Year Member
Orange County, So Cal
Kids today. Sigh. I am so glad I am not a kid today.
They are evil and they do not even know it, some of them, like those bobos that killed the tortoises.
But karma is, as karma does. Good luck to you boys, godspeed with your karma.

ashbelys

5 Year Member
As a young individual, I'd like to point out that there have always been kids and adults who enjoy killing things and watching them suffer. They are called psychopaths and age has nothing to do with it. Compassion isn't something you can teach, it's an automatic response, built into your personality. Some people have it and some people don't. I'm really offended that many of you are blaming "today's youth" there have always been bad people. I am probably the biggest animal lover I know, and my brother isn't far behind, but our parents don't prefer animals at all. It's not something taught, it's felt. I'm 19 and I have made so many attempts at saving and helping animals. I have 2 turtles and they are spoiled like crazy, I had 2 geckos and when they got sick, I paid loads of money to take them to the vet so they wouldn't suffer. M dog swallowed a fish hook once and I rushed him to the animals ER 2 hours away and paid 1500 dollars for emergency surgery. Another time, I scooped a stray cat off the road that had been hit by a car and rushed it to the same ER, but it was to late and she died when we got there. I am an active member of the animal welfare club at my university and I volunteer and sponsor cats at a cat shelter. It hurts me to even kill bugs. Once I accidentally cut the tail off a garter snake with the lawn mower and I cried and nursed him back to health. As an active member of the animal community, I know many young people that would never harm an animal. Please do not mistake the inhumane actions of a few as a representation of the whole.

TortyTom

5 Year Member
Houston / Webster, TX
Just to let everyone know, I did take "Old Yeller" (that's what I was calling him) and release him from whence he came. I saw lots of his friends and family there so I'm sure he was happy to be back, although I'm pretty sure I saw him shed a tear when he turned to wave goodbye! Bwahahaha!

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
ashbelys said:
As a young individual, I'd like to point out that there have always been kids and adults who enjoy killing things and watching them suffer. They are called psychopaths and age has nothing to do with it. Compassion isn't something you can teach, it's an automatic response, built into your personality. Some people have it and some people don't. I'm really offended that many of you are blaming "today's youth" there have always been bad people. I am probably the biggest animal lover I know, and my brother isn't far behind, but our parents don't prefer animals at all. It's not something taught, it's felt. I'm 19 and I have made so many attempts at saving and helping animals. I have 2 turtles and they are spoiled like crazy, I had 2 geckos and when they got sick, I paid loads of money to take them to the vet so they wouldn't suffer. M dog swallowed a fish hook once and I rushed him to the animals ER 2 hours away and paid 1500 dollars for emergency surgery. Another time, I scooped a stray cat off the road that had been hit by a car and rushed it to the same ER, but it was to late and she died when we got there. I am an active member of the animal welfare club at my university and I volunteer and sponsor cats at a cat shelter. It hurts me to even kill bugs. Once I accidentally cut the tail off a garter snake with the lawn mower and I cried and nursed him back to health. As an active member of the animal community, I know many young people that would never harm an animal. Please do not mistake the inhumane actions of a few as a representation of the whole.

You sound like a great young person. In fact you sound very much like my sons....I have 5....and they are all involved in Animal welfare, some more so than others.
I do know that they would all do as you did Thomas. I'm sure you are wise enough to know what you could get away with also. I just wish you would have thrown them in the water and took a few shots at them, just to give them a good scare. I don't think it has anything to do with age. Some people are just evil at any age. I always felt that a person who could show cruelty toward an animal and enjoy to see them suffer, is capable of doing the same to a human being.

Status
Not open for further replies.