New starter

Squiffers

Hi there all , I'm a new member this evening , very excited to learn lots of info about Hermmani torts , she hasn't arrived yet , still a tiddler but will be here late September so in process of getting her new home as good as possible, finding it very hard to get good solid info in the small seaside town I live in (UK) so any help n advice would be great fully received , getting the right substrate here is a nightmare for instance ?!

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Fes, Morocco
Hi there all , I'm a new member this evening , very excited to learn lots of info about Hermmani torts , she hasn't arrived yet , still a tiddler but will be here late September so in process of getting her new home as good as possible, finding it very hard to get good solid info in the small seaside town I live in (UK) so any help n advice would be great fully received , getting the right substrate here is a nightmare for instance ?!
Hello, and a very warm welcome to Tortoise Forum.
All the info you need can be found here, from our care sheets, threads and experienced members.
Look at http://www.tortoiseforum.org/threads/beginner-mistakes.45180/
and http://www.tortoiseforum.org/threads/sticky-hermanns-tortoise-care-sheet-updated.101410/
to begin, then ask any questions you may have.
i'm from the UK, so quite understand, though the situation's worse here in Morocco.
Coco coir, orchard bark and cypress mulch may be available in some pet stores, if not, try ordering on line.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Welcome to the forum!

We have a very good care sheet for the Hermanni pinned to the top of the Hermanni section.

Speedy-1

St. David Arizona
Hi and welcome from the desert !
m0754.gif