New Sulcata Hatchling Mommy

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrookeB

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Bodfish
So My name is Brooke and I have a Sulcata that is only two weeks old, I built a tort table sorta.. it sits on the ground... "he" (Frank) is the size of a golfball and was the big boy out of 25 hatchlings. His shell is perfect and I would like to keep it that way. ;) I am so hoping to be a good mom and could use all the info I can get. I know how big he will get and it will not be a problem at all. So any info would be welcome. Thank you:tort:

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Welcome Brooke! I see you have a very special one with his nice split scute! (I have a thing for split scutes :D ) How did you happen to decide on a sulcata? Have you gone over to the sulcata section and read threads over there?

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
Hello and welcome to the forum...

I agree I also like tortoises with split scutes, it makes them special in my eyes..

BrookeB

10 Year Member!
Bodfish
Jacqui said:
Welcome Brooke! I see you have a very special one with his nice split scute! (I have a thing for split scutes :D ) How did you happen to decide on a sulcata? Have you gone over to the sulcata section and read threads over there?

Well I love big tortoises, :p I think they are the coolest big dudes ever... and I have most of the things he needs, A big yard, good sun in cali, a lot of time. So.. I already have a lot of animals that need a certain environment. (like my RES and hairless rats) and I did a lot of research and I just love this type of tortoise. So I found a really nice man who breeds and he told me a lot and I can all him if I have questions.
Sorry for such a long reply.

TORTOISEMAN1

5 Year Member
FL
Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!! Very cool pics.

BrookeB

10 Year Member!
Bodfish
Thanks guys, soon I will be undertaking a great challenge of making a secure outdoor home. ;) will be fun to find out if I can do it... will post more and some photos.

jesst

5 Year Member
Florida
congrats and welcome....both of mine little ones have split scutes also. (also have a thing for them) :D

Status
Not open for further replies.