New sulcata

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcoolguy68

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Hello everyone, I'm getting a 2nd baby sulcata and I was wondering if I can put a barrier in the middle of the first sulcata's home to quarantine the new sulcata that I will be getting this weekend since they can't be together for the first few months. Thank you.

kevantheman35

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
indiana
i would recommend keeping them as far away from each other as possible, preferably in separate containers

M

Maggie Cummings

You don't know what kind of pathogens or bacteria the new tortoise is carrying. It's best to keep them in totally separate containers for 4 to 6 months...

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
dcoolguy68, I placed a new greek in a divided enclosure and he (unfortunatly) was ill (RI and worms). By the time I found out he had infected my healthy greek and I had a vet bill, worry and time, to cure two sick greeks. I really recommend you keep them totally separate for the sake of both Torts, I know this can be a pain and added expense. I sure learned my lesson the hard way. Now I make sure Quaranteened Torts are totally seperate for 4 to 6 months or more and always handle them last.

dcoolguy68

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
yeah i was thinking about that during class when i wasn't paying attention, im hoping to adopt a baby from a shelter or adoption agency. Hopefully the centers know if anything is wrong with them. Anyone know any shelters, or adoption agencies near the Los Angeles area that has any baby sulcatas available for adoption?

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
I do not at this time know of any in your area. though if you are looking to purchase them they are having a Reptile Show in Pomona CA on Jan. 3-4.

dcoolguy68

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Would I have a better chance of those tortoises actually being healthy? I was already going to attend the show hopefully they have some for a cheap price.

Status
Not open for further replies.