New to Forum from AZ

Tharris6915

Location (City and/or State)
Arizona, USA
Hi everyone i just received my first sulcata tortuous from a friend at work. He is around 3 weeks old and im looking forward to the journey

teresaf

5 Year Member
Port Charlotte, Florida
Oh that's great! How exciting, right? Is your friend a breeder? Or did they get overwhelmed with taking care of him? There is a lot of sulcata info here. We love pictures. The more you can provide the more we can help you make the best setup for the new little guy. First piece of advise. No coil bulbs. They've been known to BLind tortoises. The best water dishes are terracotta pot saucers sunken into the dirt. The pet store water dishes are tipping hazards. Welcome to the forum! Be warned, tortoises are addictive.

Tharris6915

Arizona, USA
Oh that's great! How exciting, right? Is your friend a breeder? Or did they get overwhelmed with taking care of him? There is a lot of sulcata info here. We love pictures. The more you can provide the more we can help you make the best setup for the new little guy. First piece of advise. No coil bulbs. They've been known to BLind tortoises. The best water dishes are terracotta pot saucers sunken into the dirt. The pet store water dishes are tipping hazards. Welcome to the forum! Be warned, tortoises are addictive.

He has 3 that are over 20 years old and they just had 50 babies. i just posted in the help with his home on the correct thread i think but here is his home20150827_221441.jpg

teresaf

5 Year Member
Port Charlotte, Florida
I would use the blue thing As his water dish. Its just about perfect sunk into the ground like that. you can get a flat stone( slate or sandstone Or concrete) and sink into the ground also and use that as a food dish. it'll keep his beak nice and trimmed. to keep His shell from pyramiding I would pour a little water in the substrate to add humidity. make sure his heat is it 80 degrees Fahrenheit around the clock. hopefully someone will come along and give you the links for sulcata care. @Tom maybe?

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco

Speedy-1

St. David Arizona
Hi and welcome from the desert !
m0754.gif

johnandjade

5 Year Member
scotland
hello and welcome from not so sunny Scotland! follow advice on threads posted and your new solar powered tank will thrive.

happy tortin' :)