New to the forum, AND tortoise ranching.(yes from Texas)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TortLass

5 Year Member
Sulcatas get big. Really big. As yours grow, you will need to make them a pen outside, although for now 80 gallons should do it. I wouldn't put them outsdie permanently until they're at least 2 years old.
Welcome to the forum.
Oh, yeah, I meant to tell you I'm from Texas too.

woobycat

5 Year Member
Updated pictures of habitat. Took away as much of the glass view by adding cactus around perimeter. They seem to like the change. New water dish as per Toms suggestion.

ImageUploadedByTortForum1370798539.875149.jpg

Another view
ImageUploadedByTortForum1370798564.526415.jpg

And another
ImageUploadedByTortForum1370798586.805473.jpg

Thanks for all of the support.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTortForum1370798498.096237.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTortForum1370798498.096237.jpg
    201.8 KB · Views: 72
  • ImageUploadedByTortForum1370798511.228073.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTortForum1370798511.228073.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 74
Last edited by a moderator:

flawless

5 Year Member
woobycat said:
Updated pictures of habitat. Took away as much of the glass view by adding cactus around perimeter. They seem to like the change. New water dish as per Toms suggestion.

Another view

And another

Looks great..

animalfreak

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Dallas Texas BABY!
Good to see another Texan! :D

Please be aware of the size these little guys reach. Unfortunately I was not aware and am trying to find a home for my year old Sulcata. :'(

Vickie

5 Year Member
Welcome! BTW I LOVE your habitat! I want to do something similar with mine....make it sort of an indoor fairy garden like thing. Except mine will be for a new baby Greek so a bit different sort of ecosystem set up. :D

woobycat said:

Another view

And another

TortLass

5 Year Member
woobycat said:
Where in Texas do you live?

I live in Austin. Very sunny. Very dry. VERY AWESOME!!!! I'll admit there are prettier places to be, but to me Austin is gorgeous. Anyway, everything's better in Texas. I was in Luisiana recently, and at one restaurant I went to, they were really big on TEXAS stuff. Whenever they had some Texas thing, like Texas steak, Texas toast, etc., they would write Texas in all caps. They also had a full section in the menu for TEXAS stuff. That's all off-subject, but I just thought those Texans out there might like to hear it. Or read it. ;)

woobycat

5 Year Member
SpdTrtl said:
Hello Fellow Texan! Nice indoor enclosure, great pics!

Thank you!

TortLass said:
woobycat said:

I live in Austin. Very sunny. Very dry. VERY AWESOME!!!! I'll admit there are prettier places to be, but to me Austin is gorgeous. Anyway, everything's better in Texas. I was in Luisiana recently, and at one restaurant I went to, they were really big on TEXAS stuff. Whenever they had some Texas thing, like Texas steak, Texas toast, etc., they would write Texas in all caps. They also had a full section in the menu for TEXAS stuff. That's all off-subject, but I just thought those Texans out there might like to hear it. Or read it. ;)

I have a place just outside of Austin in Wimberley. Love Austin! Great music scene, lots of water and parks. Beautiful city.

TortLass

5 Year Member
woobycat said:
SpdTrtl said:
Hello Fellow Texan! Nice indoor enclosure, great pics!

Thank you!

TortLass said:
woobycat said:

I have a place just outside of Austin in Wimberley. Love Austin! Great music scene, lots of water and parks. Beautiful city.

Yes, I've heard of Wimberley. We do have a good bit of water, actually almost all my family rows on Town Lake. Austin is actually one of the top 10 places in the US to row.

TortyTom

5 Year Member
Houston / Webster, TX
Welcome! Nice torts and beautiful enclosure! I have a 13 mo old Sulcata named Darwin and yes, we too are in Texas! (Houston)

jtrux

5 Year Member
San Antonio, TX
Gotta love the good ol Texas welcome lol We stick together down here!

woobycat

5 Year Member
TortyTom said:
Welcome! Nice torts and beautiful enclosure! I have a 13 mo old Sulcata named Darwin and yes, we too are in Texas! (Houston)

I'm just north of you in The Woodlands, lol
Thank you for the kind words
William

jtrux said:
Gotta love the good ol Texas welcome lol We stick together down here!

Lol, yes we do! Thank you, and have a great day
Wm

J REED

5 Year Member
Im new as well.tons of great people and info here.

Jeremy

woobycat

5 Year Member
ImageUploadedByTortForum1373121750.834041.jpg
ImageUploadedByTortForum1373121774.360552.jpg
ImageUploadedByTortForum1373121796.474835.jpg
ImageUploadedByTortForum1373121822.770101.jpg

Updated pictures. Frick and Frack are doing great!

Last edited by a moderator:

zman7590

5 Year Member
Nice looking tortz

Sent from my SGH-T769 using TortForum mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.