New To The Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

waxex

5 Year Member
My name is Shanna. I just acquired a 6-8 month old Sulcata. He seems very sweet. The lady I got him from was feeding him Zoomed Natural Grassland Tortoise Food and water. He has not touched it since I brought him home, but I put him outside and he ate clover yesterday. He drinks and I have soaked him in warm water approx. 20 minutes, then he goes to sleep all limbs spread out. I would appreciate some feedback, I am a little nervous (first tortoise). Thank You.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Shanna:

Welcome to the forum!!

It takes a week or two for a tortoise to acclimate to new surroundings. He should perk up and eat more, be more active in a few days.

jeffbens0n

5 Year Member
Glenmoore, PA
Welcome. The zoomed grassland is good for them but they generally won't eat it alone at that age. Try feeding some dark leafy greens like endive, escarole, turnip greens, then sprinkle soaked zoomed grassland on top.

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Welcome to the forum :) I am sure you will learn all there is to know on tortoises on this forum :) I agree with the others for the diet.

waxex

5 Year Member
Thank you everyone for the welcome yesterday. Small family emergency yesterday, so I did not get to stay on the internet long. I appreciate all of the advice. Today my little one is eatting and rambunctious. He seems to be doing very well. I will keep reading the forum and learning more and more info. Thank again.

Status
Not open for further replies.